Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 28 September 2014

The Quirky Falling Leaves.-Challenge 20

Fall has just begun!!!!!!



Leaves start changing it color: red, brown, orange, yellow are everywhere. Then slowly start to fall and cover the ground. What a beautiful and romantic season. Aaaaahhhhhh!!!

This is Monica and it´s my turn to set the challenge. Lucky you that have Autumn. This my favorite season, even though, I don´t have it in my country (Costa Rica).

This challenge is all about leaves, leaves falling and autumn colors. Just anything Autumn related goes. Let´s celebrate this romantic season with our projects.

This challenge sponsor is STITCHY BEAR´S that provided us with beautiful Autumn digis and papers.


PRIZES:
1rst prize: 3 images of choice from the whole Stitchy Bear store.
2nd prize: 3 images from Dt´s chosen images.
3rd prize: 2 images from Dt´s chosen images.

DT´s chosen images:

Coosty Creations
Autumn Fruit Basket Digital Stamp and Paper Pack

Hope Jacare Doodles
Acorn Girl

Beary Dust Stamps
Angel Bear
My Weekend 1

My Heart Pieces
Baby Bee Enjoys The Fall

Ike's Art
Cuckoo Clock
Fall Cat
Leaf Pooch

Kaz Kraftz
Pumpkin Swirls

Crafty Girl Creations
Men are Like Pumpkins

Gingerloft
Standing Guard

GUEST DESIGNERS
Myriam used  My Weekend 1 and papers from  Autumn Fruit Basket Digital Stamp and Paper Pack and said "This card reminds me my aunt, that always makes me pick the falling leaves."

Lynne

I love using digital stamps because I can size them to my project and print as many as I need.  I actually printed two of this image so I could cut out and "pop" elements off the tag to create some dimension.
I painted both images using my Silks, an acrylic glaze that shimmers, and then cut out and adheared key elements to the base using foam pop dots.  Then I added a layer of Ranger Stickles and CTMH Liquid Glass for that final bit of sparkle.  A bit of fiber for texture, two colors of mats and a bit of poetry about Autumn finished off this lovely little lady. Pop on over to my blog for more details.

OUR DESIGN TEAM

We are welcoming Doris back to the team, also more good news - Kemly (who has been with us for a 4 challenge guest spot - you can apply for this using the tab at the top of the blog) has joined the team to replace Cindy who we said a sad goodbye to last week.
For my first today´s Challenge idea, I used the Angel Bear from Beary Dust Stamps. I made a box which I decorated with this beautiful image. For to paint it, I used Spectrum Noir, in the following combinations: Bear: GB10, GB8, EB5
Green leaves: DG3, CG2, CT1
Wine leaves: DR7, DR6, DR4
Yellow leaves: GB5, CT4, CT2
Orange leaves: CR10, GB5, OR1


And for my second one, I made a simple card using the Pumpkin Swirls from Kaz Kraftz. In addition I used some Prima flowers and the same color scheme for the image. Have a Great Week!!







For my falling leaves project, I made a tent card. 
On the back I add a tree with falling leaves. In front, I used this lovely "Baby Bee Enjoy The Fall", provided by our generous sponsor. 
The digi is attached to a string just to give the sense of the baby flying on the falling leave. 
For my card base I used craft cardstock, embossed with a Fall Leaves Folder and then distress with fall colors.



Hi! For my project I used Fall Kat  from  Stichy Bear our special sponsor.
My card has many beautiful colors of Autumn, with fall leaves. I like this season but we do not have it my country  the colours are wonderful.

 My project is colored with Aquarelle pencils and I used distress to the leaves of my card. 


I used Ike's Art Fall Cat coloured with Promarkers, I am rather fond of Ike's cats! I also used the lovely swirly paper from the Coosty Creations Autumn Fruit Basket Digital Stamp and Paper Pack, on the front and inside the card. I found some "ribbon" which is string, cord and wooden beads which I bought from Lidl ages ago, it was perfect for this card. 

 
Here I am, Monday afternoon, with my card...I used the  Pumpkin Swirls from Kaz Kraftz. I've 3D-ed the pumpkins, coloured with Promarkers and added Stickles Glitter, eyelash wool, ribbon and punched out leaves.  Although my phone downloaded the lovely papers, my old computer couldn't find them so I opted for some leaves and pumpkins papers I found whilst hunting through my files for them! The orange ribbon and the means to make the sentiment came from a tin case set from Laura Ashley. I've also added a stamp by Hero Arts using an autumn scene in aged mahogany, which I also used on the larger punched out leaves, plus orange and green Promarkers. The lower card has no glitter (I bet you never noticed!)
Pop over to my blog for more pictures.
To see who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the next post.

Any crafty project is acceptable as usual.

IMPORTANT! Before you link you must:
Add a link to http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk, if you do not do this you will have to go back and do it, it is quicker to do it first. 

The linking problems should now be fixed, I am learning still!

When you have done this you can go ahead and add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below.
If you do not have a blog (or inlinkz will not accept your non blog link) you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link. Good luck!



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.




17 comments:

  1. I had some issues with Mr. Linky this morning so I thought I would post my card here. Thanks for the fun challenge!

    http://onehappystamper-tammiee.blogspot.com/2014/09/whooo-wants-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, what issues did you have with Inlinkz? It should work fine, you have a link to Quirky in your post, can you try again?
      Thanks
      Cazzy x

      Delete
    2. Actually it is ok Tammie, you must have entred the link of the blog post on Quirky and not the blog, it just means I have to go moderate it, so I've done that and it should appear now.
      Thanks for entering.
      Cazzy x

      Delete
    3. I had too many things going on this morning when I was heading out the door for work. Thanks for fixing it for me, Cazzy!

      Delete
  2. Some lovely cards here, well done everyone ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too had some issues linking my project even after reading your rules and making sure I liked back to your entire blog, not just the challenge posting. Oh well ... hope it goes through. Great inspiration samples from the team. Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene, it was sat in moderation, so is all approved now. It could be what Linsey said below, you need to check that the end of the address is co.uk in case blogger changed it, on the link on your post.

      Thanks for linking up, and good luck.

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this fun challenge! I initially had trouble linking up... I wonder if it is due to Blogger changing the URL to the linker's country? I had to change from .ca to .co.uk for my link to be accepted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it did that Lindsey, you could be right. Thanks for persevering, and linking up!

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  5. It wouldn't allow me to add my link. It kept saying I didn't have a link to your site; but I did. I originally had my blog linking your correct site with the current challenge; but then it wouldn't accept it; so I tried just your home page link; and it wouldn't accept that either. Here is my link to my blog for the challenge - http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com/2014/10/anniversary-card-using-ctmh-pathfinding.html. I hope you will allow me to enter. I have tried about 8 times with two different browsers. Not sure why it won't accept it. Thanks. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, your link was there sitting in moderation. One clever person, Lindsey, earlier in the week spotted that blogger changes the end of the Quirky blog address (you should use the blog not the challenge post), to whichever country you are in at the time, and so it needs to be amended to .co.uk in order to work. even my instruction was wrong, sorry. I have amended it now!
      Thanks for entering and good luck.
      Hugs,

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  6. Hi Cazzy, I've had problems linking up :(, I have read your reply to Gloria and tried that but it still doesn't like me. Hopefully I might be able to enter through your comments section here:

    http://lucylovesscrapping.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/shabby-chic-umbrella-birthday-girl.html

    http://lucylovesscrapping.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/best-wishes-red-headed-girl-card-hannah.html

    http://lucylovesscrapping.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/just-for-you-card-art-by-miran-image.html

    Thanks so much,
    XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, I am still learning this inlinkz feature, and I am so sorry I copied the wrong link into this post yesterday when I was changing them! So your entries are both in moderation but for the wrong challenge. Please can you add them again?

      Also I hope I have fixed the problem this time, but I do need someone to test it.

      Hugs,

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  7. Thank You to the DT for making such fabulous projects using our images. Autumn is my favourite season and the colours in your projects are beautiful.

    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I do hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Love and best wishes

    Mandy (Sponsor Co-Ordinator for Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet )

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.