Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Reminder Challenge #19 Some Like it Hot! Summer Memories,

 Hi Quirky people! Thank you for joining in with our .....
  Some Like it Hot! Summer Memories Challenge so far! This is a reminder that there's still a whole week to join in! Go HERE  or scroll down to join in.  At the moment, I'm hopefully sunning myself on a Cornish beach, but knowing my luck (This is Lyn by the way!) it's probably raining cats and dogs!  So, it's over to you! Go make something crafty, it can be virtually anything that reminds you of bygone summers.  They could be beach scenes, summer picnics, (I always think of sticky buns and wasps!) fishing for tadpoles, or crabs, hot rainy days, (even cold rainy days!) flowers, buzing insects, lots of bright colours or something completely different, it's up to you!! Can't wait to see some of those summer memories in your projects!
 Our fabulous sponsors for this fortnight are Bugaboo and Digital Delights.

 
  Our first place winner will receive 7 images of their choice from
Bugaboo

our second place winner will receive a $5 voucher from
Digital Delights! 
 Digital Delights

Our third prize is 2 images from Bugaboo.

     
 Here are a few creations by our Guest Designers

Myriam (Isha)


​I made a sunglasses card using the Beach Babe Britt stamp from our sponsor Digital Delights. My dad always loved to take us to the beach. We used to have a lot of fun!

And here's a few more fabulous projects  by our Design Team:


Bittersweet time for me... this is my last post as a design team member. :(  Thanks to all of you who have played along and keep doing so!  This Art Journal page was fun to create!  I used a background I had created in a class a few months ago and finished it off just for you!  Check out my blog for the how tos...




My Summer Memories are always related to hours spent by the shore, looking for shells, star fishes and sand dollars. This lovely "Isabella Beach"" reminds me myself as a little girl, just having fun with the most simple things of life.
I made a 3d card trying to give the sense of the little girl by the shore. My digi is colored with Spectrum Noir pens.


For this Summer Memories,  I used "Crab Boat",  that reminds me when my little sister played with a boat during one of our  family's trip in 1978.















I made a wave card which reminds this adventure. The digis is colored with coloured pencils.



Cazzy - I will be along later. I want to say a big thank you to Cindy for being a great Quirky teamie, and I hope we will see you around in future.

Phew - made it! This is not a finished project, I have decided it will make a lovely notebook but just don't have the time to finish it today, so I thought I would show you the panel as it is. The digis are all from Digital Delights, the little girl is Beach Babe Britt, and I added a coconut tree (which is part of the Jungle Buddies accessories set) and oysters (clams) with their trail of pearls, just like you would find on the average British beach (not), seriously it does remind me of the Torquay palm trees which grow in our hotel garden in Torquay, and there are lots of shells on the beach but no pearls! It is coloured with Promarkers, with Liquid pearl pearls, and Cosmic Shimmer sunglass lenses (second attempt - note to self: do not use Rock Candy Stickles for glasses ever again!). Papers are freebies.

I am also working on a Bugaboo project, hope to show you soon!

For this card I combined Summertime Peekers  - swim, Beach Baby 2 and Beach Monkey Swim to create a scene that reminds me of watching children swimming in the sea this summer. I used some pale blue beach hut printed vellum behind the die cut scene, fixed with fish brads.


Lyn - will be along later too!
 
Here I am! Late for my own challenge...it's about 2 in the morning but I have been away! I used Bugaboo's cute little fishing monkey...and gave him a friend, memories of Hubby John and brother in law, Alistair, fishing off Old Harry Rocks in a sinking boat! I've 3D-ed the little monkeys and coloured them with Promarkers. I have another card I'll add later...


 And as if by magic...Here's my next card added just before midnight Wednesday. Same Backing papers and that cute little swimming Bugaboo monkey, which I've 3D-ed.
 
 .I've coloured with Promarkers, added by own 'scene' plus, Stickles Glitter glue, a ribbon, a rub-on sentiment and a seahorse charm. Still time to jpin in!

 
We have wonderful news - Doris is back on the team! Welcome back Doris!

 Doris 
Super excited to return to the home of The Quirky Crafts Challenge. I want to share this little card that I made using the BeachM Fish image, wish is provided by our amazing sponsor BugabooIn this case I use the Spectrum Noir to paint it and some SVG files for the background. Hugs!!

You have until Saturday 27th Sept at midday UK London time to enter, lets see your Summer memories now!

Any crafty project is acceptable as usual as long as it goes along with our theme. Before you link up please add a link to Quirky Crafts Challenges to your post - or you will not be able to enter - then add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below. If you do not have a blog you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link.
 To enter the challenge, scroll down to the next post or link your project HERE.  

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.