Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 12 October 2014

Challenge #21 Let's Quirky Frame it.

To see who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the next post.

Welcome to a new challenge, set by me (Cazzy) and I hope you will love it. I am not here, I am in Devon and so will be a little late replying to winner's and sending badges etc.

The challenge is called Let's Quirky Frame it, and all you need to do is include a frame, frame an image, an image with a frame in it already, make your own, door frame - any sort of frame.

We have two generous and amazing sponsors for this challenge:

Bugaboo and The East Wind.

Our first prize winner will win:
7 images from Bugaboo.

Our second place winner will win:
3 images from The East Wind

Our third place winner will win:
2 images from Bugaboo.

Now it is time for some inspiration for you.

Guest Designers.


Image is ‘Aurora’ Daisy from The East Wind shop,
Coloured with Promarkers,
Frame is made from Kraft card, embossed with a wood grain embossing folder and inked with
Distress Ink – Gathered Twigs. Then sized to fit to the image and each section was curved to make it dimensional.
Then adhered to a backing piece of Kraft card.
My daughter was fascinated with this project. 
She loved it! As soon as she saw it, she put it in her wall!!
For this proyect, Myriam used Chinese Live Love Laugh Symbols from our sponsor Bugaboo Stamps
For her second project, Myriam used Aurora Vine from our sponsor The East Wind

Design Team

 Scene-it--AKV-halloween-scene from our great sponsor.Hello everyone!! For this amazing challenge, first I want to say I had a really fun time. Then I chose the stunning Scene-it--AKV-halloween-scene  from our amazing sponsor Bugaboo. As each week I worked with Spectrum Noir markers and of course, I used a green frame as a requirement challenge. I invite you to have fun, participating of our challenge.


My second project is a reminder cork frame in which I used the digital-stamp-lucy-loo-scent-of-spring from our sponsor THE EAST WIND. Enjoy the challenge!!


For my first card I used Lucy Loo Mirror Mirror from The East Wind. I coloured Lucy with Promarkers and Spica pens and mounted her on an arch card, added lace and buttons, and here we have a little spooky card! Lucy is emerging from a mirror frame.

Add caption
I used  Make it Snappy - Hay There from Bugaboo for my second card, which is one of the Frame It range of images which comes with a built in frame. It comes with the sentiment and blank so you could use your own. Once again it is coloured with Promakers, and simply mounted on designer paper.

For my first project I used the lovely Aurora Vine from our sponsor The East Wind. Colored with Prismacolor pencils. I add a little bit of 3d crystal lacquer to add some dimension to the collar and the head flowers.

For my second project I used Frame it.-Marilyn Quote from  our sponsor Bugaboo. Colored with Prismacolor pencils. To add some dimension, I 3d Marilyn`s head.
Lyn
Here's my first card. I've used a Bugaboo framed image, coloured with Promarkers. I used the same colours to make the strippy paper as I used to colour the digi.  The black card is also a frame. Both the guy and the woman, plus the cup have been 3D-ed





Hi! I used for my first project. Aurora Daisy. From The East Wind. I coloured with acuarelables pencils. I used a frame to make a card.





For my second project I used Girl puppy love.  From Bugaloo Stamps. Also I coloured with acuarelables pencils. I make a card with a frame.






Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.


5 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful examples, well done team! I will get round your blogs eventually.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design team samples. Thanks for the "frame it" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.