Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 16 March 2014

Challenge #6 What's in the Quirky cupboard?

It is my turn (Cazzy) to set the challenge, and you know I love it to be quirky!

If you are looking for the winners of the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the next post.

This challenge is sponsored by the wonderful:

(Link is to the blog, because there are still major problems with the website)
who have  provided the team with some lovely stamps to use and you can win a very generous prize from them too:
1st Prize is a $20 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
2nd Prize is a $15 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
3rd Prize is a $10 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
Please note the voucher does not include postage.

Because there is no website to use a voucher on as yet, and hasn't been for some time the following will apply:
the winners can go and browse the blog and pick out the stamp or stamps they want, (it is easy to tell if they are large or small, since they are shown on cards.)
 the $10.00 winner gets one big stamp or 2 small
the $15.00 winner gets one big and one small stamp, or 3 small stamps
the 20.00 gets one large and two small or 4 small stamps,

Breaking news: The Crackerbox Palace new website is imminent!

Now for the challenge: I want to see your cupboards or shelves or dressers, and they can't be empty - what is in your cupboard?

You can stamp cupboards, shelves or dressers, use digi's or alter an item, or make it yourself, use your imagination!

Here is some inspiration from the team.


 I already had this stamp set from Crackerbox Palace, it is a large stamp if any of the winners would like it! I cut out two cupboards, then layered them with foam tape to give depth so I could add embellishments to the inside. I scored the doors and bent them up slightly. I also coloured the foam tape to match so it wouldn't show up so much. Ribbons from Crafty Ribbons.
I cut the doors off the image underneath and stuck them to the back of the doors of the top image, then cut out two of the hearts and added them as handles so if viewed from the side the cupboard 
looks complete. I hoped to close the doors but they don't quite fit all the way across, and my 
embellishments stick out so it would be tricky.

I printed out the image onto wood printed paper and fussy cut it out.  The tea and plant were printed onto white paper.  All were accented with my markers, then adhered to a Spellbinders 
Labels 25 panel cut out of Die Cuts With a View red Shimmer paper.  This then onto printed paper from my stash and then a 5x6.5" kraft card base.

This really has been a challenge for me. When I saw the topic and the images I felt lost, and after much thought, I decided what I wanted to do. So, I made this adorable cupboard card from Silhouette studios. I cut it in different papers, them I added some shadow using the Distress Ink, some embellishments and a sentiment from Crackerbox Palace, our great sponsor. 
But also, when we opened the front door, we found different things in my cupboard. What I did was print and paint with watercolor pencil from Faber Castell , then trim. For the purse, I printed and cut on prints paper,  and added a bit of shadow using watercolor pencil.
And finally, this is the inside of my card.

Gemma
Hello everyone, I've had a few problems with my printer this week.  It seems to have decided to give 
up on me, so for this challenge I had to use things from my own crafty stash....!!
 I decided to make my wardrobe using tags.  I took two tags of the same size and painted one to try and make it look like wood with a combination of paint and distress ink pads...
I then cut a door into the front of the first tag....and added a brad as a door knob..

Everyone has skeletons of some sort in there closets,  and I'd like to think that the skeletons in my closets are happy, dancing, friendly ones...

With my printer not wanting to work, I found this more of a challenge than I usually would. As I wasn't able to print out what I needed from the sponsors and had to use my own stuff.  Once I'd decided what to make, however, it got much easier.  I hope you have enjoyed my take on what's in my wardrobe, I just couldn't resist the happy, dancing figures.....xx
I'll be here very soon!
What?? I was here....where did I go??? It must be gremlins in the cupboard!! Or spooky skeletons! aren't they great!
 
 Here's my card.....again. I decided to used the cupboard and sentiment kindly supplied by our sponsors 
 Crackerbox Palace  There's about five layers, counting the drawers, which I've crammed full with bits and bobs to make it look like my messy craft room a messy craft room. I've cut a hole so you can see through to the inside of the card, where I've added little jugs, pots and little parcels also from our sponsor. All the papers are from PinkPetticoat (digital as well as paper stack) 
 
Inside I've even made a tiny backing paper sheet using a fish we had for another Crackerbox Challenge some months back.  The sentiment here I made on the computer, and just framed the 'hole' on the other side with half the dresser to hide my not so good knife cutting!



A few weeks ago, I bought the Tasty K & C Smashbook and with this topic Carol gave me the perfect excuse to start it up. For this project I used "French Country" Graphic 45¨s paper collection, cause I love its vintage look. I filled my cupboard with the images provided by our sponsor Crackerbox, I just distress it and added a little bit of color, just to keep vintage look.Finally, I added to beautiful kitchen quotes.I love to cook and I will enjoy smashing!!!

Now let's see what you can do!

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome theme... I have an idea that I will try and get created in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples everyone, well done!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoWza !! What fantastic creations and an awesome theme. I simply MUST have a go at this one. !! I'm off to find myself a cupboard !!! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.