Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Challenge #6 Reminder - What's in your Quirky Cupboard (or shelves, or dressers)?

It is reminder time - you have until Saturday 29th March at midday to enter your cupboards!

This challenge is sponsored by the wonderful:
(Link is to the blog, because there are still major problems with the website)
who have  provided the team with some lovely stamps to use and you can win a very generous prize from them too:
1st Prize is a $20 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
2nd Prize is a $15 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
3rd Prize is a $10 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
Please note the voucher does not include postage.


Breaking news: The Crackerbox Palace new website is NOW UP AND RUNNING HERE!

Past winners will also get vouchers when they are ready.

Reminder of the challenge: I want to see your cupboards or shelves or dressers, and they can't be empty - what is in your cupboard?

You can stamp cupboards, shelves or dressers, use digi's or alter an item, or make it yourself, use your imagination!

Here is some more inspiration from the team, and please check back tomorrow because there could be some more makes added by then!

This time I printed the images on white cardstock and cut them out.  Coloured them with my Stampin' Up markers.
I covered the front of a 5x6.5" card with papers from the Boho Chic 8x8" pad.  Then placed the cupboard, gifts and two images from my vintage stash.
Stamped a greeting from Digital Princess Designs in the cupboard and embossed.

For this week, I worked one Step Card in blue shades.Using Distress ink I gave it a little shade to the edges, I added some flowers and small details. I used images of Crackerbox Palace, our great sponsor. What I did was print on paper of different patterns and with the same Distress Ink I gave it some shade, and finally I added a sentiment from Crackerbox Palace.


For this reminder I made a "Dresser Aperture Card" with a Shirley Young cut file. I cut each piece of the design in different pattern papers from the Julie Nutting´s paper collection "Buff". I even print the digis provided by our sponsor "Crackerbox" on pattern paper, then I add a little of distress ink and just a little bit of color to keep the color palette I was using. Finally, I add a encouraging sentiment: "Be your own kind of Beautiful". Have a nice Sunday.
I've used the Crackerbox cupboard again and had it in my head that I also had to use this lovely 
lady...Odd I thought... so I put her inside the cupboard! (Nooo!) So, you'll probably be seeing her again in a more suitable challenge!
I've used ProMarkers to colour, added gems and Stickles Glitter and have 3D-ed part of the cupboard. The lilac gingham papers on the front come from a  6x6 pack by Wild Rose Studio, 'Gorgeous Ginghams'. Inside papers are from my stash.

Gemma
I've had to compromise again this week as my printer is still not working, but should be fixed by tomorrow, so fingers crossed....
My project this week is a mix of things from my own craft room, but I wanted to make it look really distressed, vintage and as close to the theme as I could. 
I began by choosing some paints and used my fingers instead of a brush, to give the page more of a textured background....
 I then used a piece of tissue paper, scrunched it up and applied walnut stain with a blending tool over the raised areas of the paper, using gel medium to stick it to the page.
I found a die-cut of a wardrobe and clothes in my stash and inked the edges and stuck this to my page. I was out of my comfort zone doing this project as I'm not used to using die-cuts.


To enter the challenge link your project HERE or scroll down

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.