Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Challenge #5 "The Secret Garden" Reminder

Hi everyone, have a great Sunday!!!!

Quirky team wants to remind you about our current challenge

"The Secret Garden"

You still have a week to come and play with us. Just link your post HERE

Remember our fabulous sponsors for this challenge:


1st Prize: £15 on Samaflora products
2nd Prize: 5 digital images from Unky
3rd Prize: £5 on Samaflora products

Here's a few more of our team's makes:

GUEST DESIGNERS





Image was coloured using Copics. I had the perfect Sizzix die for the shape of this lovely image and edged it with some pale pink Whispers ink.  I used some gauze behind and some die cut swirls. The backing card is from First Edition  'Love Letters' pad. The rose and ribbon to finish my hanging is from my stash.


And the Quirky Crafts team:




 I used Hipster Goddess on my first card, she reminds me so much of what I thought I looked like in the early 70's (but didn't), I had the hot pants - I will tell you more about that on my blog! I tried to make her as psychadelic as possible with the colours and patterns.

I am working on a very special second card and will add it as soon as I am finished - it will be this evening!



This gorgeous young lady is Ashley, a friend of Unky's who has cancer and Unky is giving half the money from the sales of this image to her friend to fund her chemotherapy, how cool is that!
So I thought  would make my card about breast cancer, and I die cut the ribbon with a Sizzlet die, and added a sentiment using a Unity stamp, it says "Be brave, strong and courageous". 


I used Unky's image 'Hipster Goddess' for our reminder post.  Watercolour crayons and a water brush were used to colour her in, then I fussy cut her.  The papers are from a Michaels paper pad called Boho Chic and I used my new Spellbinders Labels 25 too! 



MONICA


For this week project, I used a Tina Fitch cut file, to make this gorgeous stargazer gate fold card.

As en every SECRET GARDEN, something is hidden inside.


Inside you will find this stunning digi "Aurora Poppy"  from our sponsor Unky.
For coloring the digi, I used a mix of Spectrum Noir pens and Prismacolor pencils.
I hope you have enjoy this challenge as much as I did.

For the reminder today, I chose to work Pinkrose. It is a beautiful image provided by UNKY, our sponsor. I worked with Spectrum Noir and in addition I added some flowers and a charm. I have to say that these images are fabulous and I really had fun working on them.
GEMMA



I have a confession to make.....I have fallen in love with the digi images provided to us this month by 
our sponsor Unky - they are strikingly beautiful. I really did enjoy using them.
I made a journal page with the focal image being my Unky digi stamp. The background has been sprayed with Dylusions inks , and the image is coloured with Tim Holtz DistressMarkers.

 
I also added some crackle texture paste through a vine stencil to frame the page, adding some gilding
 wax to give it a sheen.  
I then sprayed some flowers the same colour as the background
 

I hope you have all enjoyed this challenge and the images as much as I have... X
 Lyn
Just got home and I'm not here! Where did I go!? But I'm sure no one noticed! Here's my card! I've used the digi Hanbo, along with some of my favourite Dovecraft papers. Mostly red, grey and black, so I've kept to those colours in the rest of my card. I even re-coloured the white and pink flowers with  a red Promarker. I've added black eyelash wool and red ribbon along with grey and black pearls and loads of Stickles Glitter glue and a black vinyle butterfly.
Inside I've continued with the same papers and added 'Just For You' and a Happiness sign....I think! (Perhaps you know better!) Go  HERE to join in this challenge!

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the DT cards so much, wow It was such a short notice as well!! and I am so glad you enjoyed Gemma! Great creations xxx Unky from TheEastWind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makes ladies!!!!
    Gemma I love the way you play with inks and textures.
    Unky´s digis were just perfect for this challenge. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC creations :-)
    I am so sorry I was late putting up my Post about my GDT :-(
    I shall go sit in the naughty corner now !!!

    Thank you very much for having me as GDT - I have really enjoyed working with you :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.