Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Challenge #5 "The Secret Garden"

Hi Quirky friends, is my turn -Monica- to set the theme for this new challenge.
The first thing you have to do is to take a few minutes of your time, relax, take a big breath and watch this video, because this will be your inspiration:


This challenge is inspired in 1993´s movie "The Secret Garden", that  shows place full of flowers, in where you can hide away.
So your projects must show a lot of colorful flowers and that beautiful hidden place.

Our fabulous sponsors for this challenge are:



And we are thrilled to introduce a brand new very talented sponsor:

who has supplied our team with some fantastic digital images, which  we've showcased here.

1st Prize: £15 on Samaflora products
2nd Prize: 5 digital images from Unky
3rd Prize: £5 on Samaflora products

Here some inspiration from our Quirky Team:
GUEST DESIGNERS

PRINCESS

  Ike used  Braided hair big eyed flower fairy to make a gorgeous card with a secret garden verse, and used a garden image as her background with some flowers and a butterfly, perfect for this challenge!
Ike also used  Braided hair big eyed flower fairy to make this gorgeous frame card and added lots of die cut foliage and insects, and the background has a pretty rainbow.

Karen used  "Flower Fairy and Birdie on her card, with an added bloom and background foliage on the paper.


And the Quirky Crafts team:
CAZZY


For my first card I used the gorgeous Aurora Cherry Blossom, and kept her to fresh subtle colours. I made my own cherry blossoms using dies I had and a punch in honour of Samaflora, and added them to the die cut frame. I haven't decided if I will add a sentiment yet!

My second card features Vintage Doll with Teddy (who is also available in a pre-coloured version), and she is sitting in a secret garden on her picnic rug. 

CINDY
Cindy used "Flower Fairy and Birdie" on her twisted easel card.


DORIS



On this occasion I chose to work with the digital stamp  Braided hair big eyed flower fairy from our great sponsor UNKYI worked on one of my favorite colors: black, in different degradations. Also I painted the image with the Spectrum Noir and I put it on the bottom of the card frame. I also added paper flowers in bright colors, cardboard butterflies  and a sentiment that describes the meaning of My Secret Garden.
And finally this is the inside of my card.

GEMMA

I absolutely love the images we have for this weeks Challenge from Unky, they're beautiful.  
I wanted to do something slightly different for this challenge, so I decided to make a journal from scratch.....




I chose several sheets of decorative and plain, heavy weight papers, cut them to size and decorated them in various ways. I sprayed some ink through a stencil, I added tags, made pockets, stamped images and some sentiments, just to personalise and add interest to the pages, but you can do whatever you want to do, to decorate your book.

To bind all of the pages together, I cut a strip of sticky canvas and cut a scalloped edge to each side, sprayed it with ink through a stencil, then held the pages tightly in one hand and applied the canvas to hold it securly.  I coloured the gorgeous UNKY image in with Twinkling H20s. It gives the image a delicate sparkle which  suited the fairy image......
Happy crafting.............xx


I've also used  Braided hair big eyed flower fairy from our sponsors UNKY. Coloured her with ProMarkers and green micro glitter. The paper's I've used are called 'Frabrications' and were freebies from a Crafting Magazine. A link to the free font, which I've used on the inside, is on my blog!
 






For my project I used this magical digi "Flower Fairy and Birdie" from our talented sponsor Unky -The East Wind-.
My perfect "Secret Garden" hideaway must have a beautiful gazebo surrounded with lots of flowers. That´s just what I´m trying to show in this card.
I used Spectrum Noir Pens to color the digi and Silhouette Cameo to make all the cutting work.

To see who won the last challenge scroll down to the next post. 

Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

Please leave us a comment after you have linked your creation. If you followed the Quirky Rules you will be considered for the the top three, you could win a prize and be guest designer too  - good luck from the team. Please come back and check if you won within 14 days of the challenge close.

14 comments:

  1. Great job ladies!!!!!! Ike I love the poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful 3 minutes the inspirational video was to watch. Wonderful creations from the DT. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb DT makes :-D Thank you very much for having me as GDT Girls :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Love all the cards and I love the theme! Secret garden XD
    Thank you so much for making beautiful cards with The East Wind images!!! xxx Unky from TEW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards from the DT..love the images used.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just entered my card, nearly forgot.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and a unusual but great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations from all of you! Smiles.

    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your creations, the fab sponsors and your wonderful challenge. so happy to participate. xxD

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.