Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Reminder Time - Quirky Challenge #2.....The 3 B's - Birds, Bugs and Butterflies

Hello, it's me again (Gemma)....
It's reminder time already!   Doesn't time fly when we're all busy crafting...?

You have until midday on Saturday 1st February to enter your projects into my 3 B's Challenge.  Don't forget that your project can be anything as long as you include the 3B's - Birds, Bugs and Butterflies.

This time we are lucky to be sponsored by:-

 CRAFTY RIBBONS

Crafty Ribbons sponsor Quirky Challenges


PAPER PRETTIES

   Paper Pretties

LIMITED RUNS


They have provided us with beautiful images ideal for this challenge. You can win some gorgeous ribbons or some fabulous images if you are chosen by the team to win a prize.

First Prize: £10 Voucher for Crafty Ribbons
Second Prize: 6 Images from Paper Pretties
Third Prize: 3 Images from Limited Runs
Here is some inspiration from our very talented Team :-

Konica - Our Two Month Guest Designer


Konica made this lovely card with the "Butterfly-4" digi from our sponsor Limited Runs.

Now our Design Team:

Gemma
This week I have used images from Limited Runs in my Journal page, and I had great fun making this page.
I made the background using a combination of Ink and Mica sprays and Distress Ink Pads.  When it was thoroughly dry I applied a copper coloured embossing paste through a stencil at the top of the page.

I stencilled some butterflies and a tree using Distress Ink Pads onto the background.  I coloured in the Images from Limited Runs using Dylusions ink.  I'm not sure if you can see it on the photos, but I have made another wing for each little bird, using a small flap to glue it down.  They look really cute.

I really enjoyed using these gorgeous images on my journal page, they really made me smile...



I've made this tag/card for a pressy...so of course it has to say... 'no peeking!' on the front. Both the sentiment and the birdie are from our sponsor! The papers are Pink Petticoat and inside I've added my own sentiment.


Cazzy

I think the Lady Bug Trio is so cute! I used two of the sentiments that come with this image and ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.


I used the butterfly 4 to make my gatefold aperture card, which is closed with ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.


 And this is the card opened! 



For this week I made a simple card. I used from the set Owls and their Homes the digis Toucan and Birdhouse #1, and from the set Bugs 1 the digi Buttefly #4. All of these images are from Limited Runs. Additionally, I used a fence, this fence is a SVG cut file. I painted the digi images with watercolor colored pencil Faber Castell, and used double-sided foam adhesive to paste the pieces in layers. Enjoy the challenge!



Hi!!! For this reminder I chose the beautiful "Catisha" digi from our sponsor Paper Pretties.
I wanted to help Catisha to achieve her flying dreams, so I made for her a big butterfly shaped card.


Don´t you think Catisha is so cute???


I also used the Paper Pretties sentiment "Spread your wings and Fly!" worked on yellow adhesive vinyl.
Thank you Gemma, I really enjoyed this challenge.
To join in this challenge scroll down or go HERE

1 comment:

  1. Super makes everyone, such lovely bright colours and Cazzy well worth the wait! (has the glue dried?!)
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.