Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Challenge #1 2014 - Eyes Wide Open

Happy New Year to you all, and welcome back!
Do you want to find out who won the last challenge? OK click HERE or scroll down to find out.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Yes?

Well how about a simple one to start us off this year. The challenge today is called Eyes Open, and I want to see eyes, lots of eyes, or big eyes, big eyed characters, it must have eyes and they must be open - that is all there is too it!
Here is Taylor Swift singing Eyes Open, for your entertainment.


Our sponsor this time is:



Our first place winner will win 3 images of choice from the whole of the store.

Our second place winner will win 3 images from the DT´s chosen images.
And  our third place winner will win 2 images from the DT´s chosen images.

Stitchy Bear Digital stamps provided the following images to the team:

Delicious Doodles

Stitchy Stamps


As usual we have some great inspiration from the team.


First our Guest Designer:


It is such a pleasure for me to present my card as a guest designer for you today. I have to admit that working with Digital images holds a certain amount of fear as I am not a confident painter, but having the opportunity to work with "Poppy" and bring her to life brought out the 'I can do this' mindset in me! I chose to use Faber-Castell big brush pens, as they are so vibrant, and I wanted her to Pop off the card, she is so pretty and pleasing to the eye, how can one not love her.

 our 2 month Guest Designer - had problems with missing emails, but is here now!
Konica used Fairy Fae on this pretty card with a wise quote about eyes.

The Design Team:

I used Poppy to make a birthday card and added a die cut poppy as well, I love this image too, and I decided to give her red hair because I can do that best! 







My desire is that you have a New Year full of good things. For this first challenge of the year, I worked a punched card with flowers. I used the digi-ss Haning' Out from our sponsor Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps And my point is that some things never change, one of those is the family, so keep your eyes open and do not let anyone change your family. Again, Happy New Year!!




  
What a fabulous way to start the new year, with a challenge that has beautiful images.  The images were provided by Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps and I chose to do a canvas.  The image I picked was called 'Just Purr-Fect'.
I enjoyed this project so much, I absolutely love colouring, and these images are just 'perfect'......
I used Dylusions inks and sprays to create the background as I wanted a bright, vibrant canvas as it was so cold and dreary outside.......Happy new year everyone, It's doing to be a good one!



Lyn
I've used one of our Sponsors fabulous digi's Delicious Doodles /Stitchy Bear Astrology Aquarius
 I've used mostly Blues  to colour her plus silver and dark blue card. There's a bit of glitter and lots of embossing.
Happy New Year Every one!!





Happy New Year!!!!
For this challenge I chose "Fairy Fae" digi because her eyes are beautiful. I make a triple easel card and colored Fae with Spectrum Noir pens.
To add a final touch, I used Silhouette Cameo Sketch Pens to write down with my cutting machine, this beautiful Marcel´s Proust quote:



 Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely makes everyone, thank you.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You to the DT for making such fabulous projects using our images.

    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I do hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Love and best wishes

    Mandy (Sponsor Co-Ordinator for Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous selection of makes ladies! Thank you for making my images look so lovely!
    Hugs,
    Teri (aka Delicious Doodles)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations, so glad I was told about this challenge, big thanks. Hugs Mimi xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant challenge and fantastic DT inspiration
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous DT creations - a gorgeous selection of 'eyes' :-D Thank you for this Challenge :-D

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.