Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 12 January 2014

Challenge #1 2014 Reminder - Eyes Wide Open

Reminder time - you have until Saturday 18th Jan to enter this very popular challenge, and the topic is Eyes Wide Open, so I want to see big eyes, lots of eyes, they must be open eyes!

Our sponsor this time is the wonderful Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps who have provided the team with some lovely images to use.

Our first place winner will win 3 images of choice from the whole of the store.

Our second place winner will win 3 images from the DT´s chosen images.
And  our third place winner will win 2 images from the DT´s chosen images.

Stitchy Bear Digital stamps provided the following images to the team:

Delicious Doodles

Stitchy Stamps

Now we have some more gorgeous examples from the team:

Gemma
We were spoilt this month with the beautiful images we were given from 'Stitchy Bear Stamps'.  The images were so easy to use..
For this challenge I used 'Poppy' digi... I wanted to do a large tag, but for a change I used a large black tag.  I mixed texture paste with red paint and scraped it through a poppy stencil. I coloured in the image with Tim Holtz distress markers and a waterbrush ......




For this reminder I made a multifold card to place this lovely "Just Purr-fect" digi from our sponsor. 
In this image we have many eyes: the beautiful eyes of the girl, the magic eyes of the cat, so I add another beautiful pair of eyes on the from of the card. I used animal print papers to decorate the card and Spectrum Noir pens to color the image.


I have to say I really enjoyed this challenge. For this week I made a simple card, using the Blue Color as a principal. The digi I used :Poppy, from our sponsor Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps. I used   watercolor colored pencil Staedtler , lace, brads and some flowers.

I made this card...without using any pattern paper(this is kind of a fever that i am having for not using pattern
papers in my creations,that started in new year!! lol !!!)..I have used only colored card stock in the card overall..I have used the digi 'Han'ing Out' from our sponsor Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps...the image is so pretty and symbolizes kids in a family..so this card is basically a reminder to all families about its
true meaning...the sentiment"F.A.M.I.L.Y" and its full form "Father And Mother I Love You" is hand written by me... for embellishing the card I haven't put on much as it looked elegant the simple way.
I used Fairy Fae  from our Sponsors this time. I didn't want to colour her too much, so using ProMarkers I just picked the blue and the gold and the Poppy red for her lips, then added gems, pearls, and lots of Stickles Glitter.

Here at last! I also used Fairy Fae, and decided to go for yellow and blue, didn't know Lyn was also going for those colours, at least our hair is different! She is a gorgeous image to colour and I hope I did her justice. Full details are on my blog, including glitter accident!




To enter the challenge link your project HERE.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes everyone, I see some of us had the same idea, blue hair Doris and me, blue and yellow, Lyn and me - same image too!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.