Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Challenge #17 "Quirky Embossing"

Hello...Myriam here with our new challenge post for you,
so hope you can play along with us....

I am sad to tell you that this is my last challenge with the Quirky Crafts team, I am leaving due to other commitments. I have really enjoyed this whole experience with the design team and obviously I learned a lot. I want to say thank you to the team for giving me the opportunity to share my ideas and to have been able to improve with every challenge!!!

Gabriela will be taking my place on the Design Team from challenge 18, she has been a great 2 month Guest Designer, and we will need another 2 month guest designer so if you are interested please let Cazzy know.

Now this week our challenge theme is:
Quirky Embossing
 
Requirements: Any kind of project with Embossing folders or dry embossing - any type of embossing will do - even fake embossing using die cuts.

 
Our fabulous sponsors are: 




And the prizes are:

1st place: 4 images from Sweet Pea Stamps
2nd place: 3 images from Limited Runs Stamps
3rd place: 1 images from Robyn's Fetish


GUEST DESIGNER

Using Sweet Pea Stamps Cherry-Blossom by Helena Reiss Crafts-Too Dotd embossing folder and Frantage embossing powder.





I made an ecological setting for my card, I used the image MOLLY HARRISON LITLLE GIRL from our sponsor  SWEET PEA STAMPS and my tree stump is embossed with an embossing  folder.



DESIGN TEAM


For my project I made this tag with the digi Watermelon Margarita
 from our sponsor Limited Runs Stamps. The image was coloured with colors pencils. I used an embossing folder to emboss dots on my background.


For this new challenge, I worked a card. I used a dots embossing design all around the card with not very homogeneous lines. The image that I used: BD Shark Cupcake from Limited Runs. I used the Paper Piecing technique; then I used a wide blue ribbon and a sentiment The sentiment is in Spanish, because I plan to give this card to a special friend.





For my card I used embossing folders with distress inks and  "Art Deco Flower", digi provided by our sponsor Limited Runs.



  
Hi everyone! For my card, I used "Vintage Cupid", of our sponsor Limited Runs. On my card I used embossing folders with different designs and effects. 


I used Limited Runs Birds on a wire and Bird House, and gave them a background using embossing folders that were free with a magazine, there are three of them, and I enhanced the embossing with chalks.

This beauty is Helena Reis's Dia de los Muertos from Sweet Pea Stamps, I think she is gorgeous! I used a Sizzix Tim Holtz cracked glass embossing folder with Coordinations paper sanded to reveal black.


To see who won the last challenge click here or see the previous post below this one. 

Any crafty project is acceptable as usual. 
Important: BEFORE you link up please add a link to the Quirky Crafts Challenges blog (http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com - the blog not this post) to your post - or you will not be able to enter. When you have done this you can go ahead and add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below. 
If you do not have a blog (or inlinkz will not accept your non blog link) you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link. 
Good luck! 


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.






7 comments:

  1. Myriam I will miss you very much, I think we all will. Your projects have always been stunning. I hope you will keep in touch.

    Great makes everyone.
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely DT projects thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your DT samples. Thanks for the "embossing" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great samples for the DT. Love the embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful DT Inspirations, thank you for this Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.