Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 22 March 2015

Challenge #6 reminder to come and play Quirky Dressing Up (of children or animals) and include ribbon.


Hi everyone, it's reminder time again. You have until Saturday 28th March to play Quirky Dress up with us.

Don't forget it is about children playing dress up, children in costumes, or pets in costumes, or animals in costumes and we want you to use ribbons, bows, any sort of ribbon, ribbon flowers - lets see some ribbon!

Children love playing doctor or nurse and dressing up, do you have cute photos, or cute stamps or digi images of children dressed up? Maybe dressed as Christmas reindeer, or as an Easter bunny - or as an animal.

Any project is acceptable of course, the more variety the better, layouts, boxes, clothes, paintings - as long as they have ribbon and children playing dress up!

It was hard to find a pets video that didn't include something that might be offensive, and this was the best of the bunch. It is a bit of fun, do the animals actually like this? My dogs would hate to dress up, they don't like clothes.


I want to see kids or pets dressed up in costume, either digi or stamped characters or maybe photos of your children or pets - and please include some ribbon on your project.

Guest Designer 

Fit Kitty


I chose an adorable image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps called Flower Bird and coloured it with my Prismacolor pencils. I tried a new technique called Fold-out Window Card that I learned in Stretching Your Dies Online Card Class (I won this class; thank you, Laura!). It was really fun to make! I finally used my Spellbinders Blossom Two dies - I've had these for over a year and this is the first time I've used them! On the front of the card, I added a triple-looped bow, made from EK Success ribbon, and three yellow gems. For the sentiment, I stamped a Clearly Besotted stamp repeatedly on a gold strip and then affixed along the bottom. On the inside of the card, the image was die-cut with my Simon Says Stamps Stitched Rectangle.  I stamped a sentiment from Newton's Nook and added three gold dots, one was die-cut using my Nellie's Multiframe Circles and two made with handheld hole-punches.  


2 Months GUEST DESIGNER

DEBORAH



Used Easter Eggs, and Bobble Head Kids Bunny, colored with Bic Markers, paper from DCWV Sunday Afternoon Stack, Pink & yellow stickles. Corner die cuts, ribbon butterflies and Happy Easter from stash. 

MYRIAM


For my Happy Birthday card I used Bobblehead kid cupcake digi from Bugaboo stamps





For this week project, I made a box card full of flowers with an adorable girl dress up as a butterfly -Bugaboo Brats Bugs.-Butterfly a lovely digi from our sponsor Bugaboo.



For this week, I made a card using the Bugaboo Brat - Jesse Moon from our sponsor Bugaboo Digi Stamps . First I printed the image in color and cut out the moon. Then I painted the image as a bee, using Spectrum Noir.


This is such a cute image called Bugaboo Brats Bugs - Caterpillar. I put my sleeping child on a die cut bench in the garden (where all good caterpillars should be) surrounded by butterflies, and I used chiffon polka dot ribbon, and grosgrain ribbon with hearts both from Crafty Ribbons.










Hi! For this week to my project I used the beautiful digi Kidz Reindeer, of our sponsor Bugaboo Stamps.

I love Christmas. In this season the children participate in activities where they can go with fantastic costumes. Christmas full of magic every place and joyful hearts. In my project, I want remember this moments.  I used acuarelables pencils and Spectrum Noir pencils.




 To enter the challenge link your project to the challenge post before this one click HERE or scroll down.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

  1. Your DT samples look so cute! Such adorable Bugaboo images! Thank you for having me as a Guest Designer! I had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makes everyone, thanks for being a great Guest Designer Kitty.

    Hugs,
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.