Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 17 November 2013

Reminder time - Challenge #23 Baby It's Cold Outside - so let's make cocoa (or a hot drink)

It's reminder time, you have until midday Saturday 23rd to enter my challenge with your chilly makes featuring a nice hot drink to warm us all up.

This time we are lucky to be sponsored by Crafty Ribbons, and by Bugaboo who provided the team with the perfect images for this challenge, and you can win some fabulous ribbons or some great images if you are picked by the team to be in our top three!

Our first place winner will receive a voucher to spend with Crafty Ribbons to the value of £10

Our second place winner will win 7 digis of their choice from Bugaboo.


The third place winner will win 2 images of their choice from Bugaboo.
We are also very grateful to Gloria who is providing a special extra prize of a stamp set for USA entries, see details on the post below!

Now here is some more inspiration from the team:

Helen used Poppi Xmas Cocoa on this very heartfelt card with homespun background.


How about a cozy fireplace with a hot cocoa cup to warm up???? Don`t you think is a good idea???
For this week reminder I made a fireplace gift box and decorate it with this cute "Girl Gingerbread Cocoa" digi from our sponsor Bugaboo and some cozy mittens. I used my Cameo for the cutting files work and my Spectrum Noir to color the digi. (I think that is a great idea Monica, it is so cold here today I would love it! Cazzy x)

 Well this weeks Quirky Crafts challenge couldn't be more appropriate "Baby it's Cold Outside", it's so cold here today, but I'm nice and cosy with a mug of tea and a log fire....
The lovely Bugaboo images (I used  Poppi Xmas Cocoa) gave me an idea to make a 'Do Not Disturb My Cuppa' sign to hang on your door. I painted gesso onto the hanger so the surface would be better to paint on. I used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints in 3 shades of blue, then applied some Molding paste through a stencil, to give it a 'weathered wood' look.
 I found a piece of corrugated cardboard and added a little paint to it, then some 'treasure gold' gilding wax, to use as a background for my image.


 I coloured my image and heat embossed a flower, then stamped my message on the back.

I'm already looking forward to using this, especially as it's getting colder.....xx


I used Cocoa to make a background paper and coloured in parts of the mugs and cocoa by hand, and then used Lil Snowman Star as the main image. The ribbon is another Crafty Ribbon exclusive.
The left over cocoa images were used as fragments on the inside, on top of matching paper and with a plain panel to write on.
Lyn

 

I've also used  Poppi Xmas Cocoa, 3D-ed his mug of cocoa and used the spare straw so I have two. Then added the spare penguin inside my card. Coloured with Promarkers,  added Stickles, Pearls, Corner Peel offs, punched out snowflakes, I've also used a little plastic snowflake from a thrown out Christmas decoration. I've edged all the layers with gold mat card. Ribbon by DoCrafts, papers by Pink Petticoat.

Doris


I made a card for this reminder, using the Snowman-Cocoa image from Bugaboo
I painted this beautiful image with watercolor pencil.

To enter the challenge link your project HERE.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.