Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 3 November 2013

Challlenge #22 Reminder! Make Us Laugh!

It's me again, (Lyn) here to remind you about the latest Quirky Challenge! You still have another week to...
Make Us Laugh!
(or giggle, smile...or even snigger a little!) 
Our sponsors this fortnight are 

who have  provided the team with some lovely stamps to use and you can win a very generous prize from them too:
1st Prize is a $20 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
2nd Prize is a $15 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
3rd Prize is a $10 voucher from Crackerbox Palace
Please note the voucher does not include postage.

Here's some more fabulous creations by our Design Team and Guest Designers! To join in with this challenge, scroll down or go HERE!  and have a look at our last weeks creations while you're there!

First we have our Guest Designers. 
 using Pumpkin Boy
(who won our last Pumpkin challenge with this fabulous make)

I really like this Pumpkin Boy image, it reminds me of vintage Halloween decorations.  He also has a cute expression.  I tried to make this card with a vintage look.  Seeing as it is a digital image you could really make this extra large and use it for decorations as well.  The sentiment would look good all by itself as a mini poster..or a tag on a card.  So many ideas!

This is a great stamp, Helen with coffee, she has such a lot of character! I coloured her with Promarkers and added her to some pretty papers then fixed the sentiment right behind her.

A quirky challenge with quirky images from Crackerbox Palace...I love these digis, they made me smile straight away....
I used a large tag and sprayed it with Dylusions inks to try and get a spooky atmosphere. Then I used a Tim Holtz sizzix die to cut the toombstones and colored them using the same colours .  
The gorgeous images and sentiment are digi stamps from Crackerbox Palace, and were coloured with Promarkers and Distress ink pads, and I thought they would look mischievous sat in the tree.
This time I used this quirky fish Nibbles from our sponsors and also made some backing papers using lots of little fishes and one big fish. I originally coloured it all on the computer, only.... it was nearly out of ink, so instead of a blue watery background I had..a streaky pink one! Shame to waste him, so I ended up re-colouring the big fish (which also came out a streaky-wishy-washie pink) with my Promarkers. He's also been 3D-ed. There's black, yellow and orange card, each edged with a black pen to make it appear  as though there's even more layers. (The lilac is Promarker)  The Font I've used is a freebie, link on my blog.



For this reminder I chose "Nibbles", a very loving piranha from our sponsor Crackerbox Palace. As anyone might expect, she loves bites. So, inside the card, we can find a very scared fellow.


To color Nibbles I used my Spectrum Noir pens and my Cameo to trace and cut all the paper piecing
work.

Doris


Hi and I´m so sorry. I´m a little late this week, but… I´m here. This week I want to share a funny card, which use the Friendly Lion image, from our great sponsor Crackerbox Palace….. I have to say I really enjoyed making this card. Have a great week!

Cazzy
Don't worry Doris, I am even later than you! I used the very amusing Clara and "I used to Jog.." sentiment (I had the stamp for years) both from Crackerbox Palace! I made a background with a Little Claire beach hut.




                                         To enter the challenge link your project HERE. 

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Cazzy and DT for allowing me to be a GD. I've posted my card via this post to Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved having you as GD Bonnie, and you made two lovely cards to share!

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  2. These projects are all very funny! Love them all.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.