Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 10 November 2013

Challenge #23 Baby It's Cold Outside - so let's make cocoa (or a hot drink)

It's my turn again, Cazzy, and it has to be Quirky with a twist! I want to see projects about the colder months of the year (if it is warm where you are, think snow, ice, Autumn or Winter) and they must include a hot drink or two!

I love the Tom Jones version, but this is more in keeping with the theme heehee! If you get a chance watch the Tom Jones Cerys Matthews one on You Tube.

To see who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the next post.

This time we are lucky to be sponsored by Crafty Ribbons, and by Bugaboo who provided the team with the perfect images for this challenge, and you can win some fabulous ribbons or some great images if you are picked by the team to be in our top three!

Our first place winner will receive a voucher to spend with Crafty Ribbons to the value of £10


Our second place winner will win 7 digis of their choice from Bugaboo.


The third place winner will win 2 images of their choice from Bugaboo.
We are also very grateful to Gloria who is providing a special extra prize for USA entries, see below!

Here is some inspiration from our guest designers:
Billie has used Margaret November, and Margaret (Margaret Calendar Month - November) is holding a cup of cocoa, or it could be tea or coffee! Billie has added some pine branches and torn paper snow, because "Baby it's cold outside".

Gloria used : Bugaboo image Christmas Mouse Cocoa, Paper – CTMH Sparkle & Shine
Image die cut – Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and Beaded Ovals
Other die cuts – Cricut Artbooking and Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridges
Sentiment outside – CTMH Polar Bear Holiday – C1557
The inside is also decorated, please visit Gloria's blog to see the photo and more details.

Here is a special extra prize donated by Gloria for USA entrants only (due to postage costs), if you would like to be considered to win this prize please put USA after your name when linking your make. Gloria will chose the one she likes the best from your entries to win this set!
Glorisa said: the stamp set is called Scandinavian Wishes and has die cuts that coordinate with the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.

 (many apologies for not putting these on right away).

Val used Girl Gingerbread Cocoa for her cute card, with some snowflakes on snowy paper. and for her gift of coffee sachets Val used Cocoa (which is a $1 image) on the tag.



and we have more inspiration from the team:

I've used Girl Gingerbread Cocoa, she's so cute! I thought I might make something a little different this time, when I spotted these little marshmallows I thought they'd be delicious on top of a hot cocoa, perfect for this time of year in Yorkshire, So I've made her into a little bag topper, coloured with my Promarkers and finished with a little ribbon and buttons. 


I used the very cute Poppi Xmas Cocoa for my card, and the Circle Sentiment Warm Winter Wishes both from Bugaboo, and I added some of my favourite Let it Snow ribbon which is exclusive to Crafty Ribbons. More details on my blog.


Hi, a little late, but just a little. My health has been a little broken. For this challenge I made two beautiful projects. The first is a box for Mixing Powdered Chocolate with marshmallows. In this I use Cocoa image provided by our sponsor Bugaboo.



My second one, is a special envelope for an special friend, and for this, I used the TedXmas image provided by Bugaboo, our great sponsor.


But is not just a envelope, it is a beautiful card too.


I put in, two Mixing Powdered Chocolate envelopes, but you can also put in, Tea Bags or any other details you want to add.


And of course, I  placed a special message.

For the challenge this week, I wanted to create something that you could give as a gift, and these lovely digis from Bugaboo gave me an idea.
I had a 'hidden box' book in my stash and painted it, inside and out. Once dry I distressed the edges and tried to make it look old and used.
I chose some of the bugaboo images and coloured them with 'Distress Markers'. 
Once everything had been coloured and cut out, I arranged the images and glued them in place. 






 Then I created my gift....I filled the inside of the box with tea bags, hot chocolate and coffee sachets, and herbal tea. 


Because the images were all holding hot drinks I thought it would make a good gift for a tea/coffee/chocolate drinker.... It certainly made me thirsty making it!

I've used this super cute snowman from our sponsors called Snowman Cocoa and of course I've coloured him with Promarkers and 3D-ed him and his mug of hot chocolate. (Love hot chocolate with either a spoonful of Nutella or a flake (or both!) The snowy paper is mine own, the backing papers were freebies from a magazine called Ginger bread Lane. I've added gems, stars, beads on a wire and snowflakes plus a real red pompom to his Santa hat. Inside I've left it blank but have done a bit of embossing. The font is a freebie, link on my blog!

Monica
In Costa Rica we don´t know what real cold is about. December is our coldest month of the year and the lowest temperatures reach about 17 or 15 °C (that´s about 59 or 62 °F). But when we reach 15°C, we are almost freezing, because none here has heaters at home (I know most of you will laugh about ticos freezing at15°C). So we, tropical people, use to warm up ourselves with a good cup of hot coffee, or tea, or cocoa, and sometimes with a good soup. With that in mind, I made a cute 3d teapot (I love to work 3d) and I used this lovely "Christmas Mouse" digi from our sponsor Bugaboo.


Inside the box I added some good tea bags, to turn it into a lovely treat for someone special.


Now let's see what you can do! There will be some more great inpiration next week, and more images.

 Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below. Don't forget to put USA after your name if you are in the USA and wish to be considered for Gloria's prize.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.




7 comments:

  1. Thank you for another challenge - for the You Tube Video and for the Display by the DT - it is a pleasure to enter here - enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makes everyone, and Gemma- wow!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! beautiful projets! But I did a Guest Designer project and post for this one; where is it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry I missed them off Val, that is the second time I have done it (whoops), but I've added them now, thanks for the reminder!

      Cazzy (blush)

      Delete
  4. Thanks Spyder!! ;) Didn't want to back date ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't mind a little bit of back dating (see rules) as long as we've not seen the card before and it fits the challenge!
      (Lyn)

      Delete
  5. I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely week! This was such a Fun challenge and a lovely job from the Design Team! See you next time!!! Thanks again! :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.