Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 28 July 2013

Reminder for a Quirky Octopus's Garden (in the sea)

Here is your reminder everyone, you have until midday Saturday the 3rd August to join in. So lets see those sea creatures in their gardens!

The theme is An Octopus's Garden (in the sea) set by Daire, and there are three great prizes to be won.

Squigglefly will be offering three images or sets to our 1st place winner.

Paper Pretties will be offering six images to our 2nd place winner.

Robyn's Fetish will be offering three images to our 3rd place winner.

Here are some more examples from the team to inspire you!

This is my first ever centre step card, and I followed instructions from Split Coast Stampers to make it. I thought it was perfect for the octopus and other images from Squigglefly. I added some greenery to the garden with Martha Stewart punches.

 
 Here's mine (I'm not late this time!) I've used some of  Squigglefly digital images. 3D-ed the main fishy and his umbrella. I've used paper-backed felt for the tiny leaves.
  

My first project is a LO. I found some pictures that I thought were very funny and appropriate to our theme. In this case I used images provided by our sponsor, Squiggleflywhich I painted with watercolor colored pencil. Also I added some additional details and placed on a paper background with octopus and jellyfish.

My second project is also a LO, for which I use photographs of a family trip. In this case, I used a background with lots octopus, on which I place the photos and I decorated with images of Paper Pretties, which I painted with watercolor pencil. I added some more details like flowers and buttons.
I want to tell you that starting next week, all my projects will have their step by step, for the convenience of each of you.



Please link your project up HERE.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.