Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Challenge #14 Reminder - Daddy's takin me to the Zoo tomorrow, Zoo tomorrow, Zoo tomorrow, and we can stay all day!


I hope you are all having a great weekend, and here in the UK enjoying the heatwave! I find it too hot, oh for some cool air and a bit of rain to soak the parched garden!
I think a lot of people are enjoying the sun, or are just to hot to craft, we have some lovely entries but not many so I just wanted to remind you that you have until Saturday 20th July midday to enter this challenge, and I want to see lots of zoo projects, the more zoo animals the better and we have some lovely examples to inspire you with images from our lovely sponsors.

We have some great prizes from our two generous sponsors for this challenge.

 1st prize is from Bugaboo






2nd prize is from Doodle Dragon Studios


$10 worth of images.


3rd Prize from Bugaboo
2 Bugaboo images.

Here are some more examples from the team, which will be added to over the next couple of days!


Doris made a clever pop up stepped card using Doodle Dragon Studios images.



Monica
I made a bracket layered card, giving depth to it. I used the hippo from the Doodle Dragon Studios, 20 Zoo Collection, also working in layers and paper piecing. Mister Hippo is inviting us to go to the zoo.

Lyn

I've made a little Zoo Booklet using Bugaboo Images. Most of them have been 3D-ed. More pictures on my blog!

Cazzy - sorry I'm late!
My book is still not finished, I have the second page, which will feature Cedric and Daddy, with Daddy telling Cedric it is time to meet the other zoo animals, and the last page where Daddy tells Cedric it is time to go back home to bed. Unfortunately I have contracted cellulitis and am resting with my leg raised (doctor's orders) most of the day, and really shouldn't be on here now as I don't have a laptop! 

 Two of the new pages with Bugaboo images Tiger, Giraffe block, and chameleon of course. I love the giraffe one, I see Lyn does too with her lovely book inspired by mine!

The next two new pages, featuring Bugaboo Elephant topper and Zebra, and Chameleon of course!
All images are coloured with Promarkers, and adhered and sealed with Decopatch. I attached the pages with spotty ribbons from Crafty Ribbons, and now I have a whole load of back pages to decorate, maybe I should have gone for less pages and used back and front!



Wow! I'm so impressed with the gorgeous stuff everyone has been coming up with! I've been a bit swamped this week, but I needed to whip up a quick birthday card so here we go! It game me the opportunity to use the Elephant Topper from Bugaboo (which I love), here they're coloured with Prismacolours and outlined with a black pen (mostly to cover up the places where my cutting was a bit wonky! My background is made of strips of book paper, scrapbook paper and paper tape... extremely random, just like me. I also wanted to test out my new Sakura Stardust gel pens, so I added a few shimmery outlines. Get ready for a bit of extra quirkiness on Sunday, it's my turn to set the challenge!


Come back for some more great examples as the post gets updated in the next couple of days.


Enter the challenge HERE or scroll down to the post below.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.