Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 17 January 2016

January midway reminder #1 2016 Let's Quirky Celebrate

Hi everyone, I'm here to remind you to play along with our January challenge, I'm only just getting used to calling the challenge by the month now that we have gone monthly, it is easier than numbers!

Here is your reminder about the challenge and our sponsor.

My challenge is called Let's Quirky Celebrate, and I want to see you play along with projects that include the word Celebrate or Celebration, and it can be any kind of celebration you like, and any kind of hand made project.

We are sponsored by the wonderful Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps who are providing all three prizes to our winners.



Who are generously providing the following prizes:

1st prize of 3 images of choice from the whole of the store
2nd prize Any 3 of the images used by the DT
3rd prize any 2 of the DT´s chosen imagesB - listed below

The images kindly supplied to the Design Team by Stitchy Bear are:

CraftyGirl Creations

BBKakes

Floppy Latte Designs

Stitchy Stamps

My Heart Pieces

Beary Dust

Now let's look at the wonderful projects from the team, I'm sure they will inspire you to play along.

using sponsor image "Pretty in Pink"
to make a card that celebrates Love.

 The image is colored using ProMarkers and chalk, then die cut and framed.  I used burgundy CS to back the die cut frame, embossed the background, and added two different ribbons for embellishment.  The bow is a single layer, five-loop bow done with 1/8 inch ribbon.





Hi it's Lynne here with my midway card to share with you using Digi Blessings Sewing Mends the Soul. My first love is sewing and I always love to create with things that are related to sewing - thus, this adorable bear doing a cross-stitch gift to celebrate someone's birthday with the word, "celebrate" faux stitched on the heart!!! I had a lot of fun adding buttons, charm, and pearls along with a ribbon.


Creative juices were running wild and perhaps quirky when I found this cupcake paper and just knew that I had the purrfect sentiment to use on the inside which I wanted to share with you AND of course, the Stickles Fairy along with Cupcake Border Punch came into play. Hope you stop by and visit me to learn all the fun elements that I used making this special birthday card.





Hey crafters! Pat here reminding you to share your projects and cards with us for the January challenge. The theme is Celebrate! and I got to play with this lovely digi image from our sponsor, Stitchy Bear. It's called "Lake Winter." I lightly colored over the entire image with Copic BG10, then used a toothbrush and white acrylic paint to add more snow to the scene. I framed it all with assorted shades of teal. I snagged a package of lacy paper doilies from my local thrift store today and used one to make my image pop on my easel card.


I have used Wonderland Cake from Stitchy Bear Stamps.  It is coloured with Wink of Stella pens and Graph It alcohol markers. I printed the image four times and decoupaged it for the main focal point and cut elements from the other two (which I had also flipped to give it a even quirkier look) as embellishments. The Happy Birthday paper is from my stash.  The sentiment is a freebie stamp which I have stamped on to pattern paper in Rich Cocoa Momento ink and cut out using a Stampin' Up decorative punch.




I used this really cute Baby by Beary Dust, and although I am a little late for this post I am well ahead for my new Granddaughter's 1st Birthday! It has to be a first for me. The word celebrate appears on the stamped ribbon and background definitions. I am celebrating having a Granddaughter, and her birthday in advance! More details on my blog.




 Marg will be along later.




 To enter the challenge link your project to the challenge post before this one click HERE or scroll down.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.