Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Challenge #1 2016 Let's Quirky Celebrate.

Welcome back to Quirky Crafts and our first monthly challenge. All challenges will begin on the first Sunday in the month and end on the 28th day of that month. We will also publish a reminder on the third Sunday of each month.

We have a lot to celebrate, continuing the Quirky challenges (and it was touch and go at the end of last year), a brand new Quirky team, a couple of new sponsors and the beginning of 2016 - Happy New Year to you all.

Therefore my challenge is called Let's Quirky Celebrate, and I want to see you play along with projects that include the word Celebrate or Celebration, and it can be any kind of celebration you like, and any kind of hand made project.

We are sponsored by the wonderful Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps who are providing all three prizes to our winners.



Who are generously providing the following prizes:

1st prize of 3 images of choice from the whole of the store
2nd prize Any 3 of the images used by the DT
3rd prize any 2 of the DT´s chosen images - listed below

The images kindly supplied to the Design Team by Stitchy Bear are:

CraftyGirl Creations

BBKakes

Floppy Latte Designs

Stitchy Stamps

My Heart Pieces

Beary Dust


Here is some inspiration from our talented Design Team:

Cici 
Our first Guest Designer of 2016

Cicci used Please Drink Responsibly on her fun card and said:
"My Name is Cecilia Gunnarsson but everyone calls me Cicci..
 I live in Sweden with my 3 boys and a dog. When I dont colour :0)
 I work as a guitarteacher!
 Im happy to be  at this Great challenge quirky Crafts Challenge!

HUGS Cicci Vid Pennan"

Pat


Pat using BBCakes Birthday Boy 1 to celebrate a birthday of course!



NanaConnie

 I used a wonderful image from Stitchy Bear called "Lake Winter."   The background paper is made with a new set of watercolors.  Another "new" thing I'm celebrating is the Bow-It-All that Santa brought me and that double-color bow is the first one I tied with it!  

Tracy



I tried to fit my card to the Celebration theme but also make it generic so it could be used for most occasions.  I have made an easel card using Wine Barrel from Stitchy Bear which I have coloured using alcohol markers.  I added clear glaze pen to the wine bottles and used Wink of Stella Violet for the glass of wine.  The congratulations sentiment is fixed to the ribbon with brads and I have adhered this to the card with foam tape to create the stopper. I have used a freebie Time to Celebrate stamp on the corner.



Made using Tying The Knot digi image from
Stitchy Bear Digi Stamps and celebrating marriage.

Lynne 


Sorry, my post was a bit late as I had Shingles in and around my eye and my eyesight was minimal. With that being said . . .
I'm a big fan of anything Alice in Wonderland and what a way to celebrate almost anything - I used Crafty Girl Creations Wonderland Cake with the Cheshire Cat and his smile donning the Mad Hatter's Hat. This would be such  a fun birthday cake (P.S. Did I mention that my birthday is this month and I would like a cake "done in this style"?) and most definitely Alice in Wonderland with the "Quirky" theme!

Cazzy



Sorry I'm a little late, it has been an awful week for me! Anyway here I am at last, and I altered an empty chocolate box into a box frame and added lots of crafty bits round the BBK Craft Queen digi. I thought she was perfect to celebrate our new Quirky Team, new challenge format and all things crafty and new. I'm going to put the full details on my blog and the before photo.
Are you a craft Queen too?


Because we are now hosting challenges monthly our reminder will be in two weeks time. You have until the 28th of Jan to enter the challenge.

Any crafty project is acceptable as usual. Important: BEFORE you link up please add a link to the Quirky Crafts Challenges blog (http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com - the blog not this post) to your post - or you will not be able to enter. When you have done this you can go ahead and add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below. If you do not have a blog (or inlinkz will not accept your non blog link) you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link. Good luck!

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like I am in good company with the other DT! Great job for this first challenge of the new year. And awesome work, Cici!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makes everyone, well done! I got here in the end with mine too!
    A great start to the new Quirky year.
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Stunning makes. A great new DT. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica, how lovely to hear from you and see your entry!

      Delete
  4. Thank You to the DT’s for making such fabulous projects using our images :)

    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I do hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Love and best wishes

    Anne Lise (Sponsor Co-Ordinator for Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne Lise, we have enjoyed working with your images very much!

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  5. Such a fun challenge! Thanks so much for the opportunity to play, and to enjoy what the DT has created, too! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for playing along with us Donna, glad you enjoyed the challenge!
      Hugs,
      Cazzy

      Delete
  6. Hi - I haven't linked with you before, and I hope I have done it right! I love the DT cards...esp the image of the craft room queen! xx Vic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vic, thanks for playing along with us, and thank you for your lovely comments.

      Cazzy x

      Delete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.