Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 15 February 2015

Challenge #4 - "Our best friend"

To see who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the next post

Hi...here Myriam! Welcome back!

To see who won the last challenge see the previous post below this one. We still have unclaimed prizes from previous challenges this year, please check to see if you won.

This challenge is about  "Our best friend".




The only rule for this challenge is to include the best friend
we can have: our pets!
It could be your dog, cat, fish, bird, etc and even your dream pet!

For this challenge we have two generous sponsors:



And are really happy to introduce a brand new sponsor:



 
PRIZES:

First Place will receive 7 images from Bugaboo Stamps

Second Place will receive 4 images from Sweet Pea Stamps

Third place will receive 2 images from Bugaboo Stamps


DESIGN TEAM:


I usually find backgrounds on an image so hard but these images just guide you to try. I teamed it up with a simple punched border.




For my first project I made a mini album from our pet: "Candy" a dachshund dog!
 I worked the image with Spectrum Noir markers!


For my second project  I used the lovely Conie Fongs puppy-love  digi,
provided by our sponsor Sweet Pea stamps.
I colored with a mix on Spectrum Noir markers and color pencils.




For this week project, I chose an imaginary pet 
-who doesn´t want to have a wise owl as a friend???-
The stunning digi Freya and Twinkle by Norma J Burnell from our sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps, was just perfect.
This stamp is design in "zentangle" -a technique that creates beautiful images from structured patterns-; so I try to keep all the beauty of the patterns with my multicolouring. 
I used Graph´it Markers for skin, Spectrum Noir Pens for everything else and Polychromos pencils for shading.




Hi!! For this challenge in this week, I chose a cute  dog, like my little Tadeo.  He's my best friend when it comes out in the car.
He loves to walk with us and being a rescued puppy is very loving.
For that reason I chose SUMDOG+car from our sponsor Bugaboo Stamps because this digi is wonderful and looks like my dog.

To my project I made a interactive moving card ( the car is moving). I coloured this digi with acuarelable pencils and Spectrum Noir Pencils.





DORIS - is moving house and will be a little late.





Here I am at last with my first project. I chose The Kitty Collector by Regan Kubecek from Sweet Pea Stamps, and she has taken me several hours to colour with Promarkers. Some crazy cat lady, isn't she great!
Please excuse the photo, we have visitors over and I couldn't set up the mini photo studio, and tomorrow we are going to a funeral.
I hope to complete my Bugaboo project tomorrow night.




Any crafty project is acceptable as usual. 
Important: BEFORE you link up please add a link to the Quirky Crafts Challenges blog (http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com - the blog not this post) to your post - or you will not be able to enter.
 When you have done this you can go ahead and add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below. If you do not have a blog (or inlinkz will not accept your non blog link) you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link. Good luck! 



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.


10 comments:

  1. Really cute creations from the DT. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that mine worked. :)

    Jess
    http://jessicalynnoriginalstamps.blogspot.com/2015/02/singing-in-rain-with-our-pug.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful DT pieces - a great inspiration :-)
    Thank you for this fun Challenge.

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute design team samples. Thanks for the "best friends" challenge this week. It was fun to play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Well done Jessica, I have approved your entry now, good luck.

      Cazzy x

      Delete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.