Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 9 February 2014

Reminder Time Quirky Challenge #3 - Wishes for 2014


Reminder time - you have until Saturday 15th Feb to enter this challenge, and the topic is Wishes for 2014. Our sponsor and prizes: 


And these are the prizes

Our first place winner will receive 7 images of their choice from Bugaboo
Our second place winner will receive 3 images of their choice from Squigglefly 




Our third place will receive 3 images of their choice from Bugaboo

Then I leave the beautiful projects made ​by ​our Guests Designers and our Designer Team

                             Guest Designer-Konica


Konica made this lovely card using "AKV House" and "Attitude Car" from our sponsor Bugaboo.

This is Konica's last project as 2 month Guest Designer, well ít was more like 3 months in the end! We would like to thank Konica for being a great guest designer and making some wonderful projects, and to wish her the best with her degree! Thank you Konica!


Design Team:




For this challenge I decided to use an image from 'Squigglefly', it was too cute not too..!
I chose to use a square hardboard tile and a smaller, shaped tile for the image to sit on.  I have just noticed that there should be a sentiment attached to the project, but I had obviously forgotten to do it before I took the photo!  If I'd been focused, it would've said "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"..... 
A couple of my wishes for this year are to make more time for my crafts, and to make sure I see the positives in any situation, and this quote was ideal for me..just a shame I forgot to put the sentiment on!


I coloured my image with Prisma Pencils, and used Tim Holtz Distress Paints for the hardboard items.  To tie everything together, I used a raindrop stencil and a raindrop rubber stamp, in varying shades of blue.  Then for some added sparkle, I used a gorgeous blue Glimmer Mist over the top for some glitzy raindrops.......

Lyn
 
 
My wishes for this year is to 'grow' my Dog Walking and Pet Sitting business. I still had last weeks digi images by Bugaboo saved as a scene on my computer so thought I'd use them again plus another super digi by SquigglyFly Sam's Rainy Day, along with the rainy day sentiment. We've had so much rain this year I thought, well I might as well learn to dance and treat myself to a very big umbrella! I've also used Bugaboo's Pretty Puppy Puppy Love-wagtail and of course The Attitude car!
 
Cazzy  
(I put this in once, it was gone again so had to start over, I even copied my links from here to my blog, so I know it was there!)
Here are more pages from my journal, I made a page for every certificate with a blank to journal on.
This was my first certificate - slimmer of the week!  I decided to journal my thoughts, here in a Squigglefly freebie journal frame and some journalling spots I stamped with Unity Blossom Stackers set. Fat Mouse from Bugaboo and scales from Squigglefly.

The plan is all about healthy eating, it fitted in with my normal diet just fine, a few adjustments, and here I am on a super healthy eating plan, not a diet! I can still eat treats, but I count my chocolate in squares per day now not bars per day! Peaches,Nibbles with carrot and scales from Squigglefly, and chocolate from Bugaboo.

This was my half stone award, that is 7 pounds!

I decided not to bore you with every page, besides I haven't filled them in yet! I hope to add more thoughts, images and photos to each page. Sassy Gal Angel is from Bugaboo.

She accompanies my latest certificate for 2 and a half stones weight loss, that is 35 pounds! I always worked in kilos before this, but have to think in Imperial again! I could have had kilos if I had known and said at the beginning, but then I would be different to everyone else - and how would they work out the certificates?

This page is the start of my ongoing wishes for 2014, I want to lose the same again - I know now that I can do it! Then I will be able to play with my little grandson as he gets older, and do everything else I want to (well not everything, that would take a miracle - but more than if I don't do this), and improve my health too! I used Girlz get your craft on, and beach boy brat from Bugaboo, and there is room for more.



For this reminder I used the "Beautiful Bather" digi and the sentiment "Beautiful Bather Pamper yourself" from our sponsor Squigglefly, because it shows one of my 2014 wishes "take time to pamper myself" :o)
I made an easel card and a frame for this lovely digi and colored it with Spectrum Noir Pens.





For this time, I made a frame using the digs: I Do Couple, House and Love4sq from our sponsor Squigglefly. I printed the images in an old book and after that I painted the images. I want to remember my resolution: Do not forget this magical words. 


To enter the challenge link your project HERE



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.