Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 2 February 2014

Quirky Challenge #3 - Wishes for 2014

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. It is me (Doris) on my first challenge of the year. This time my proposal is about what we want for this year 2014. Always, at the end or beginning of the year we put ourselves goals we want to accomplish during the year, and this challenge gives you the opportunity to reflect these goals in a creative way. Before showing what our fabulous design team has to show us, let me introduce you to our sponsors and their prizes.


And these are the prizes


Our first place winner will receive 7 images of their choice from Bugaboo

Our second place winner will receive 3 images of their choice from Squigglefly


Our third place will receive 3 images of their choice from Bugaboo

Now, let me introduce you our guest Designers:

Guest Designer-Konica
Konica has decided to lose weight for this year. She made a cookie bag with the "Moment of truth" digi from our sponsor Squigglefly. Sure it is for diet cookies (lol)!!!


Rea chose the Crafty Girls Image, because she is going to be working on her craft room next year and she has hope to get it cleaned out and reorganizad. This is the Rea´s hope for this year!!!

And it is my pleasure to introduce the beautiful ideas that our design team has for you

Design Team:


One of my wishes for this year is for me to spend more time crafting.  I want to be able to lock myself away and spend many hours in my little craft room, in my own big crafty bubble. 
I would love to attend new classes, and spend as much time as possible learning new techniques and getting new ideas for future products.
I  have used a wooden plaque for this challenge. I began with a base coat of cream acrylic paint and then selected green and orange Distress paints. I love the way the Distress paints react with water.
I applied the colours to my craft mat and spritzed them with water, then pulled my wooden plaque through the colours, and it creates a lovely streaked effect.
When the paint was dry, I used sandpaper to sand away some areas. I then applied Treasure Gold to those sanded areas to add some shine.
The image I chose was from Bugaboo which I love.  I coloured her in with Prisma Pencils and glued her to the plaque.  I finished it off by spritzing a flower with similar colours and adding some pearl detail to the edges. Finally, I added a sentiment, which was also by bugaboo......
    
Lyn

I decided to use four different digis from one of our sponsors, Bugaboo (The house, the car and the dogs!) because my wishes this year is to get my house in order and to have a nice little car or van to advertise my little business of dog walking and pet sitting...I don't think it'll have flowers on the car, but you never know! I've made my own backing paper and cut a page from a free map booklet. In the first card the house has been 3D-ed and I've added some dog paws and bones embossing and in the second card the house and the car have been 3D-ed.

I decided to make a journal to record my weight loss journey during 2013, and to encourage myself to continue to lose weight this year. I have created some pages, my apologies to the sponsors for mixing their images - I felt that this very personal project needed both.
Unfortunately  My first Page includes a sentiment and frame from Squigglefly and chocolate bars from Bugaboo and is about my love affair with chocolate.

My second Page includes scales and ice cream sundaes from Squigglefly with chocolate bars and a fat mouse with cheese from Bugaboo. I hope you will come back next week to see a lot more of the journal, I want to add journalling and photos if my computer is fixed in time.


I am a full time worker, a mon, and wife and also take care of my house, so I usually live in a pretty busy schedule and sometimes I forget to enjoy the simple things of live, like walking bare feet on the grass. So for this year 2014, I made my self a dial calendar that reminds me to enjoy to be bare and feel the wind on my hair. I used this lovely "Girlz Bare Feet" digi from our sponsor and a beautiful Kahlil Gibran quote.
Last year was very difficult for me. I learned a lesson and I do not want to forget. For this reason I chose the digi SamsRainyDay de nuestro patrocinador SquiggleflyI used this image for the front of my card.

On the inside of the card, I used the digi Learning to dance, also from our sponsor Squigglefly.

In this 2014, my purpose is to Dance in the Rain, no matter how strong rain fall, and I will keep this card to remind me every day.


To see who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.



1 comment:

  1. Fun challenge and a lovely job from the Design Team! See you next time!!! Thanks again! :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.