Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 6 October 2013

Quirky Pumpkin Time reminder - challenge #20

It is reminder time for this very popular challenge, after all it is Pumpkin time of year!

Here are the details posted by Doris last week:
Hello my dear Quirky friends, it´s my turn again (Doris), and I hope that everyone has a life full of health, love, happiness and creativity. And as you can see, I wanted to pick a theme orange colored:

                       

” When you see me in the fields,
my oranges glowing in the sun.
It is time to say good bye to summer
and Hello to autumn fun!!”

All you have to do is let your imagination fly and participate in projects (any project) that has pumpkins. Pumpkins, happy, sad, funny, scared, friendly, angry … Pumpkins. I can´t wait to see the beautiful creations that you have to share with our Quirky family. And to encourage you to participate, I want share with you who are our sponsors in our Pumpkin Challenge. 




So we have a beautiful color, a nice theme, and of course wonderful prizes
First Place: 7 Bugaboo digi images
Second Place: 3 digi Limited Runs images
Third Place: 2 Bugaboo digi images

Here are some more lovely examples to inspire you:

Gabi has made a great spooky scene with Limited Runs digis: Witch with Pumpkins and Stacked Pumpkins. Thank you Gabi, we love it.



I really enjoyed using these Bugaboo digis to make my Pumpkin Bunting. I used Dylusions ink to give the images a great vibrant colour, then mounted them on to black and coloured card with ribbons....
It was great fun to make and perfect for Halloween ...

Hi, for this reminder I have made a fence card and this lovely "Pumpkin Pie" digi from our sponsor Limited Runs
Don´t you think it looks yummy!!!! 
And on the top of the fence a cute squirrel waiting for the chance to steal the pie. 
I used my Prismacolor pencils to color the digi. 
Have a nice Sunday.
For my second make I've used these cutie spookies, they're called Bumpkin-Trio by Bugaboo! They've been 3D-ed to make them pop and coloured with Promarkers. I've added Stickles Glitter the the 'stars' to give them a little bling. Papers by PinkPetticoat.

- will be along later, family things going on!

Here I am, with my first make! Sorry about the delay. 


I used this cute little Witch and Pumpkins from Limited Runs for this card, and added ribbons from Crafty Ribbons and spooky eyelets. Image coloured with Promarkers. 
Back later with more.....
This card features a spooky silhouette tree and the peeking cat image from Bugaboo
Probably nobody will see this card here, I have added it the day before the challenge closes! I wanted to use the little witch hanging on the moon which I picked up as a freebie of the week from Bugaboo, with the spooky silhouette tree, there is a pumkin in the silhouette - bottom right hand corner with a cat sitting on it!







First I want to ask I apologies for my delay. I've been sick and I can only work small spaces of time.
My first project is a recycled bag, for which I used Scarecow-wagon digi image from  Bugaboo .



Open Card


Close Card

My second project is a card, in which I used Monster Sign digi Image of Limited Runs. It is hand painted with watercolor pencil. 

To enter the challenge link your project HERE.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.