Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Challenge #21 Reminder! Favourite Things!

  Hi Quirky peoples, here's a quick reminder about our latest challenge... 
'Favourite Things!'  
A nice and easy challenge for you all to join in with, thought up by Daire! It's Daire's last challenge with us so let's see LOADS of creations!!  No one's here at the moment so I've sneaked in to show you what the Design Team have come up with so far. But first of all, we'd all love to welcome Gemma, after joining us as a guest designer, (we couldn't scare her off!) is now a brand new member of our Design Team!! So please pop over and say hello!!

 This challenge is sponsored by Robyn's Fetish, who have provided the team with some fabulous images and...
 
 
 
 
 1st Place - Your choice of 5 images from Robyn's Fetish.
2nd Place - A voucher for Crafty Ribbons, to buy ribbons, buttons and more!
3rd Place - Your choice of 3 images from Robyn's Fetish

And now here's some of our creations...

First  our lovely  Guest designer with this fabulous creation!
KEMLY (KYSO)


Flowers are one of the things I like the most. I love gardening, I like to take a few minutes a day to water my plants, talk to them and take care of them. My love for gardening is a family tradition, starting with my great-grandmother Celina and her beautiful garden. I also used light aqua color, and color the roses in light colors because I love Shabby Chic style.


The girl with flowers reminds me of myself as a child, I  used to bring flowers to my mom every time, so this beautiful digi reminds me of those moments in my life.
Thank you for this opportunity to collaborate as a guest designer.
Have a nice day ...


And here's what our Design Team have come up with this week!!


The theme for this challenge is 'my favourite things' and I loved every second of making my reminder challenge. I fell in love with this bookworm image from Robyn's Fetish, and knew that I had to make a book with him. I painted to covers with my favourite colours and used a crackle glaze on the inside covers. I coloured the bookworm with a combination of Prisma colour pencils and Neocolour wax crayons. I then cut some paper to size and rounded the corners of it and assembled the book and finally added some ribbon to the rings. I hope you like it. Gemma  x


 
For my second make I used this little penguin, called Paul Penguin Sleighing from our Sponsors. One of my favourites things is to add a PNG digi over an already coloured background. This snowy Sky is my own found HERE. I then printed out three other penguins, coloured them with Promarkers and used them to 3D the first penguin, which is another of my favourite things to do!  I also have a 'thing' for fonts. I try to link my posts to freebie fonts whenever I can. Another thing, which I don't get to use very often is to use acetate.  I've fixed the snowflakes onto acetate so I can have then off the edge of the card. More to see on my Blog!



For this reminder I also used a mix of my favorite things.
First I began by choosing the beautiful "Blissful Angel" digi from our sponsor Robyn`s Fetish, because I love angels, as a reminder that God takes care of us.
Then I made a Christmas Card because that´s my favorite holiday. I love family gathering and sharing.
Finally I used one of my favorite paper techniques: Iris Folding.
I also love coloring and this is my first attempt with my brand new Spectrum Noir Pens. I have to say I`m really pleased.


Pop back later, there might be some more!





 To enter the challenge link your project HERE and remember - we love to see any kind of crafts entered. Cards, art journal pages, ATC's, needlework, scrapbook pages, paintings, quilts, sculptures, shadow boxes... EVERYTHING is welcome!



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely makes everyone, I will try and make something now I am home, but I have so much catching up and washing to do it might be a little late!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love yourgreat journal! fab too, have a great crafty week!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.