Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Challenge #18 Move it reminder.


Here is your challenge reminder, you have until Saturday Sept 13th midday to enter our challenge and here are the details again:

I want to see things that move on your project, they can be very clever slidey  or mechanical things, or just something like a flap that opens to reveal something you pull out, drawers, or a pull out tag that is hidden until you pull it out. You could even make one of those old fashioned theatre stages that I had as a child, with paper actors that move around.

Our very generous sponsor this time is The Cutting Cafe.

The Cutting Cafe are giving the top three winners 3 sets, 2 sets and 1 set files, and those files have so many images and sentiments in them, they are very versatile.

Here are some more examples from the team to inspire you:






I made a popup slider card with Birthday Fun digis provided by The Cutting Cafe. For some of the digis I used the paperpiecing technique, other were traced and cut in vinyl.
Here is a short video to show this card movement



Hello Quirky friends! This week I thought a lot what project I wanted to do with movement but not a card. I made this box for cup cake, Yes, a box. I use besides the box, the image files provided by our friend Regina from The Cutting Cafe. Some are hand painted and others are printed. To open the box and eat the cup cake, first you have to pull out the door that will allow you to take the cup cuke. I have some pictures to give you a better idea. Have a Great Week!



                      



Well here's my monstrous card! I used the same monster/alien as I did last week, but with a different sentiment, all from our sponsors, and roughly the same idea, but not quite. This time when you spin the alien, he gets more cakes!  Wouldn't that be great if it were true! I haven't got a cutting machine or any dies big enough to cut the circle, so it's a bit wobbly! (But we won't mention that!)
The cakes are all glued onto circles of acetate and fixed to another hidden circle under the first one.


Cazzy
I wanted to make something I haven't tried before, and I found this pop up card tutorial on Spilt Coast Stampers that was perfect. My card is not laying beautifully flat when closed like the one in the example, I have creased it loads! All images on the front are from Birthday Fun, except the sentiment that I created in PagePlus. 

Here it is laying down, but not flat!

You pull up the tag to reveal the panicking monster from A Bunch of Monsters and Keep Calm from Keep Calm it's your Birthday files (I bought that one, had to have it and there are lots of Keep Calm sets you can buy). Now the card is finished there are things I would have done differently, I thought I had it all perfect until I popped it up! Also I think it would be fun to decorate the back of the tag and maybe the box so it looks good from every side!

There might be some more projects added later so pop back to check.


 To enter the challenge link your project HERE.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

  1. These are all great fun, well done team!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. You all did an amazing job on your projects. Thanks so much for allowing the cafe to sponsor. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.