Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 1 September 2013

Challenge #18 2013 I like to {Quirky} Move it, Move it, I like to Move it!

Cazzy here, and it is challenge time once more, and I have that song from Madagascar stuck in my head, I often sing it to the dogs when I want them to get a move on!
(If you would like to find out who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the next post.)

Well the challenge: I want to see things that move on your project, they can be very clever slidey  or mechanical things, or just something like a flap that opens to reveal something you pull out, drawers, or a pull out tag that is hidden until you pull it out. You could even make one of those old fashioned theatre stages that I had as a child, with paper actors that move around.

Our very generous sponsor this time is The Cutting Cafe.

The Cutting Cafe are giving the top three winners 3 sets, 2 sets and 1 set files, and those files have so many images and sentiments in them, they are very versatile.

We are excited to welcome two new team members:

First we welcome Valou who is with us for 4 challenges having applied for the 2 month GD via the tab at the top of this page. Welcome Valou - we hope you have some fun with us.

Secondly we are thrilled to welcome back the very talented Monica Soto as part of the Design Team, Monica was a 2 month GD earlier this year and we loved her work. Monica was invited and accepted the position only a few days before this challenge, and had the option of starting from the next challenge, however she wanted to have a go and  managed to make a wonderful card in very short time!

So lets have some inspiration from the team:

Guest Designer Karal


Karal used A Bunch of Monsters to make this clever and fun slidey turny card, Karal we love what you did, thank you for joining us!

Guest Designer Jennifer

Jennifer was unable to print the sponsor's images due to printer problems and has used her own, and she said: I have made a suspension card, so sent 2 photos to show both sides of portion that twirls. also, the pinwheels turn, so there is motion there too. Jennifer we love that you managed to get so much movement into your card, and the mini pinwheels are adorable, thank you for joining us!

Now the Design Team (in alphabetical order):

I decided to make a pop up card, the first I have made. I found the mechanism on SCS, I hope I did it right. The cake on the front of the card is from Birthday Fun.

Inside the card the monsters are from a Bunch of Monsters, their party hats and balloons are from Birthday Fun, as is the backing paper, the circle sentiment round the pop up monster is from Bunch of Monsters.
Daire - will be along later.

video
Here is a rubbish video of the card, have a good laugh!
For this week, I have prepared a Spinner Card. It is a nice card for which use a small monster, image courtesy of our sponsor The Cutting Cafe. Using adhesive foam and two coins, we have this beautiful card. I also added some interplanetary elements, for the purpose of our friend feels like at home!

video


Lyn 
 has computer issues, will be along later
(No...Lyn's been away dog sitting and didn't take her laptop! )
I've used one of the monsters  and  circled sentiments from our sponsors on the front of my card, added arrows and made  very simple spinning wheel.
 And on the inside....
More Monsters popping out of the card...they all wobble... honest!
Papers are all PinkPetticoat, even the inside of the circle, everything else was coloured with ProMarkers



Monica




I used some monsters of the Monster Collection, working the paper piecing technique. I made a cascade card (my first one -a little tricky). And the sentiment I loved since I saw it: "You bring out the Monster in me",  traced it and cut it out in green vinyl.
A short video to show this card movement











I chose to use the file " Birthday Fun " available HERE. I used the cake stand and cake shape to create a slider card, the cake slides up to reveal the stand! I also used a complete cake and stand shape to decorate the large cake. I also used Magnolia Tilda, Bazzil and printed papers, lace, pearls, die cuts and punchies, as well as glitter and a doily. The full details are on my blog.



Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

5 comments:

  1. oh my word, what fun, amazing projects by the team...you all rock big time....love each and everyone of the projects...thanks for allowing the cafe to sponsor...hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regina, we had a lot of fun. Thanks for sponsoring us.

      Cazzy x

      Delete
  2. Great makes everyone, you really got into this challenge!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for allowing me to be one of your guest designers! I had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola no se porque no me deja subir mi foto para el reto mi direccion de face es esta:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201942172496694&set=a.10201755977241929.1073741827.1256070249&type=3&theater
    gracias, las felicito excelentes trabajos!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.