Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 25 August 2013

Reminder!! Challenge #17: Quirky Christmas In August!

 Hi Quirky Peoples! It's Lyn, back again with a quick reminder about...
 Quirky's Christmas In August Challenge 
 (with a bit of a Quirky Twist!!)
I want you to use 3 triangles from the wheel below. So, you could choose from the cheesy triangles, to make a shaker card, using 'not traditional colours', with a Bugaboo image! Or make your own papers, use triangles, and add a charm...So come and join in. You might win some lovely prizes from our fabulous sponsors!... Bugaboo! and Crafty Ribbons!
You still have a week left! So why not nip HERE to download Bugaboo's latest freebie and then go and turn it into a Quirky Christmas card, and come back and link up HERE!
Here's another card from me...


I've made this Christmas card using  a Bugaboo image, Sign-it/Christmas/Edward, used non-traditional colours, (The ribbon is purple, although it looks blue) and the digi is already a 'scene'. I've added embossed triangle peel-offs to some of the corners. I've also 3D-ed the elephant, chick and balloons. The typing on the 'list' was done on the computer. All the papers inside and out are by Pink Petticoat. I've also added gems and loads of Stickles Glitter!
I added one more card on Monday 26th August...not many days to Christmas now!!

This card also uses a Bugaboo Image: Knobby Knees Christmas sack who I've printed out twice and then stuck over each other.. The backing paper colours are Bluebell and Blue Berry. (Pink Petticoat) Non-traditional. There's triangles (peel-offs and shapes) and a Christmas charm! 
Here's a few more creations from ....

This time I made a card using a Bugaboo Stamps image, I chose non-traditional colors and add a Crhistmas Charm. I painted with watercolor  pencil, giving prominence to the blue color and the charm that I used is frosty blue to contrast with the color of the glitter that has the cardboard base.

My second project is also a card. In this, of course I use a Bugaboo Stamp image a charm, a mixture of traditional and non-traditional colors, but I also included a component that helped me form a triangle is in the upper left (the corner of bingo ). After that, I painted and crop the image so that the corner of the bag of gifts also form a triangle. As an additional elements, I embossed one of the pieces and I used a lace.

 Here I am, family all asleep, gone home, or watching TV. I decided to make a triangle card, with triangle layers, and for someone as geometrically challenged as me this was not an easy task! Anyway I got there I think! Bugaboo image, triangles and layers and if that isn't enough the colours are pretty whacky too!
The image is called penguin star (bother just realised I meant to add some glitter - but it wouldn't have dried in time) and it is coloured with Promarkers.
Back of triangle card, see what I mean?


That's it for now....more creations will be added later, so pop back again soon!
Go HERE to add your creation to the challenge!!

Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.