Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Reminder!! Challenge # 16 Great Picnic / BBQ

Hello Quirky People, Doris again to remind our current challenge Great Picnic/BBQ. I want to tell you even have time to participate and show your talent. I also want to remind you about our fabulous prizes and generous sponsor.


They are giving us the following prizes

For the First Place
$20 Crackerbox Voucher

For the Second Place
$15 Crackerbox Voucher

For the Third Place
$10 Crackerbox Voucher

And now, a little more inspiration time from our team.

Doris
 
My first project is an Easel Card, taken from an SVG file. For this card I used several images, all of our sponsor Crackerbox Palace, and painted it with watercolor pencil. Then, I tried to give a three dimensional appearance. When the card is closed, all the images will retain their original appearance.



Here are some tags ideas, decorated with small ants and flowers. Images provided by our generous sponsor Crackerbox Palace. These are ideas that can help us, when we are invited to an activity and we have to bring a bottle of wine or something similar.
Here's my card."Is that all you've done Lyn?!" I can here someone say! Well, no... I'll add the inside as soon as my batteries are charged up!! I've used Pink Petticoat papers, the freebie gingham I linked last week. The flowers, ant and sentiment, in fact all the images are from our sponsors! Now that I've added the 'pop out' inside you can see more little ants, pies, melons, a BBQ, as well as a picnic table! It should all fold up, so it fits (tightly!) into it's envelope!


 I decided to make the jolly ants into a gatefold card this time, and I remembered I had some gingham paper for the inside.
This involved a whole load of paper peicing and decoupage, I will be cross if I find my Promarkers would have coloured the green card. Well paper peicing with coloured images is better I think anyway!
 Here I am with a very late addition, I made the table into the card! Not an ant in sight on this one.
The table continues on the back of the card, so open from the back you get the whole table.

Inside I kept mainly white and black, so a greeting can be written. Sentiments by me!




Please link your project up HERE, alternatively scroll down to the previous post.
.
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

  1. I love your examples Doris and Lyn! This is a fun challenge.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.