Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 2 June 2013

Reminder Post for Challenge #11 2013, Black and White with a Tiny amount of your favorite color.

Welcome to the midway reminder of Quirky Craft's,  Black and White with a Tiny amount of color. You can find here some more gorgeous examples from our team, and of course, do not forget the amazing prizes from our generous sponsors for this challenge:



First Place
Crafty RibbonsVoucher worth £10 excluding postage.




Second Place 
3 Limited Runs Digis



Third Place
3 Robyn´s Fetish Digis



I made a shadow box card with the Owl Theo digi. I distressed white cardstock with black ink and then sprinkled with white Perfect Pearls diluted in water. For the owl I used a paper piecing technique and  a little bit of yellow colour added to give light to its eyes. As everybody knows owls are always related to wisdom, so Theo´s advise is " Be wise" 

My card for this week it is very simple. I use as a base card a .studio cut file. I also use twigs from 3 Little Pigs LSHD file . I made the central part of the card I painting two digi  Whootie Owl courtesy of  our generous sponsor Limited Runs .  As  an additional color, I used  red ribbon with white little dots.

Cazzy 
I used Mushrooms 7 and a Whootie Owl for my card, with Papermania double sided papers, using both sides matted. I added some polka dot ribbon. It may get a greeting added at some stage too.

Card made using Mushrooms 7.

There may be more examples added later on......watch this space!

Yes, here I am.... right image this time!! Did this all on the computer. I fixed the digi image (Mushrooms 7) over my own paper, coloured in the red bits, printed it on the thickest card my printer would take, cut to size, folded it in half, hey presto, the fastest card I think I've ever made! Then added corner peel offs!  Don't forget if you have a digi form Limited Runs go and enter it into Nikki's Challenge HERE (where back dating is allowed!)


To join in and show us what you have made please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. here, or scroll down to the previous post.
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.