Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 30 June 2013

Challenge #13 Reminder - Everybody wants to be a Quirky cat!

 It's a Quirky Reminder Time! You have until Saturday 6th July to enter our fun challenge based on the Aristocats and sponsored by:
We want you to take inspiration from the film The Aristocats, or the song Everybody wants to be a cat - see the post below for full details and links that will help you if you don't know the film or song.

Here are a few more examples from the team:

Monica

I made a square lever card with the "Too Kewl Cat" from Robyn Fetish. I used a large cello and some cat charms to embellish the card front. Inside the lever card you will find the logo "Everybody wants to be a cat"... don´t you????

I think my art journal page was heavily influenced by the cold and flu medicine I'm taking, because even I have to admit this is a little bit odd! I used 'I Taught It Was A Putie Cat' from Robyn's Fetish and dressed my birds up it kitty costumes. I used very few materials on this one... a few felt tips blended with water to give a washy effect, a couple of coloured pencils,and some scraps of painted paper from another project. What do you think? Quirky enough?
Marg has made this fabulous creation! Marg tells you how...
I used "I have a crush on you", coloured the cats with Promarkers, an antique white colouring pencil for the white cat (with a Warm Grey 1 from Promarkers for shading). I used a decorative tent fold ready made card for the base, (Ive had these in for months & this is the first time Ive used them). I downloaded the music from Google, leaving on the details of the gentlemen that wrote the words &music to the song "Everyone Wants To Be A Cat" from the Disney film The Aristocats. I added a small blue metallic bow tie for "Tom" and a pink metallic bow (in her hair) & collar for "Lady." I distressed the outer edges of the card, music & sentiment using a mixture of Scattered Straw & Bundled Sage from Tim Holtz range of Distress Inks. The coloured backing papers & sentiment are from my own stash. See my blog for more photos..
 
 I'm sneaking in hoping no one notices I'm late! Here's my reminder card (I did do two last week!) I've used Forever Friends by our Sponsors Robyn's Fetish. I've 3D-ed the chicken, added freebie music paper, (Link on blog) some acetate, a cat button, peel off corners, some punched out cats and a couple of musical brads too!
Today is a day to remember our Challenge, Everybody wants to be a cat Cat. On this occasion, I work a Shadow Box, simulating a night in the forest, with small stars and a romantic couple of kittens. The image used is Pussycat Luv, courtesy of our sponsor Robyn's Fetish, and I worked with watercolor  pencil.

 Go HERE or scroll down to join in!!

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

2 comments:

  1. Well done everyone, you did the challenge proud, and I have been so busy with a stall at a fete for a respite home for disabled children that I haven't managed to make anything yet!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.