Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 21 April 2013

Midway Reminder Challenge 8 Wings and Clouds Challenge


 Welcome to the midway reminder of Quirky Craft's Wings and clouds Challenge.Please go HERE to add your creation to the challenge! or scroll down!

You can use any image with wings (birds, insects, dragons, fairies, angels etc) and your creation must have some clouds on it somewhere...either in the main image or in background paper. Our two sponsors, so we've had some great images to work with:

Doodle Dragon Studios is offering a $10 gift voucher for our first place winner and a $5 gift voucher for our third place winner.
Bugaboo are offering 7 images to our second place winner.

So, let's see what our team has come up with this week!!
   Lyn
For my 'wings' I've used a Bugaboo Dragon Clyde and Friend  He also comes with his own sentiment, although this time I've added my own. For my clouds I've added my own drawn ones and some freebie papers with rainbows and clouds on them! (link on blog) I've 3D-ed Clyde to make him pop out.

Well, back again, thought I'd add an oldie (but a goodie) A card I never quite finished because I couldn't find my bat punch, well punch found, so here's a Halloween card using one of Dustin's fab halloween cats...The stars and the cloud papers are PinkPetticoat and my wings are the bats!!! We don't mind you backdating a day, but don't add a creation you added to the week before's challenge!


(Some of the rest of the team might be along later......"Wake up, it's nearly bed time!")

here finally with the first of my reminder cards....
One of Dustin Pike's funny fairy froggies, this one has a jar of fireflies! I found this -paper in my stash and thought it added to the comedy. My clouds are cut with a Sizzix Framelit die which is actuallly a cup cake icing die!!
I hope to show you a Bugaboo one soon, in fact there is one image not yet used which I hope to use as soon as I can sort my printer out, this may take some time!


In this case, I worked with the design: Scene it Angel Believe, from our sponsor BugabooWhat I did was copy the file to my Silhoutte Designer, resize, trace it and cut it in a thermal adhesive. Once done, I cleaned it carefully.

Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.