Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Midway Reminder Challenge 7 Lyn's Sketch or/and Bingo

Hi guys, just a half-way reminder to let you know you still have a week left to link up to our latest challenge! This challenge was an interesting one - because you can use this sketch, but only if you want to...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m2Yda4jFRBI/UUGgNTbAktI/AAAAAAAAYI0/CwLkXmYkDzc/s1600/Spyder%27s+Sketch.jpg

 And/or add any of the things from this bingo square:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lpcHZIaZwFY/UUGgPYIp7WI/AAAAAAAAYI8/Zm3zmdKmkNs/s1600/A+Quirky+Bingo.jpg

Remember, to be eligible for one of our prizes you can use the sketch but you don't have too! But you MUST use something from the bingo box! As many things as you like!

Our fantastic sponsors this fortnight are ...
Who are kindly offering our First Prize winner 5 Digital Images 
and Our Third prize winner 3 Digital images!
and

Digital Delights
 Who are offering our second prize winner $5 to spend
in the Digital Delights Store!

Here's some more fantastic inspiration from our Designers using Digital Images from Robyn's Fetish!!

From Lyn's 'Bingo Box' I used tin foil, torn paper and mock stitching... I started using the sketch too but my muse took control and went her own way! The image is 'blissful angel' from Robyn's Fetish... I love her pink hair! The background started off as acrylic paint with black doodles on, then I added some torn paper I'd painted for a different project to create the border. The tin foil is actually tin foil tape- I found it in the £1 shop and I don't really know what it's for, but I love it! Next came some journaling and doodles written in correction fluid, and then finally I added my angel, coloured with a mixture of felt-tips, pencil crayons and gel-pen. I hope you're all having as much fun with this challenge as I did!

I chose this happy little elephant for my second card, one I'd had before from our sponsors Robyn's Fetish. I've 3D-ed him and coloured with a number of grey ProMarkers. The pink paper behind him is also from Robyn's Fetish, the others are from a Me to You paper stack. Like Daire, I started using the Sketch too and then....well, when rectangle instead of circle, but that doesn't matter, you can do the same too! From the Bingo I've used metal brads, that little trumpet is also a brad, quite thin tin. I've added embossed corner peel-offs, mock stitching, ribbon and bakers twine. I think it needs something else, so I might swipe it back and add it later!

The card is made in plain colored cartons in different colors. I use emboss, punch, yarn, ribbon, charm, chalk pastel, flowers, tulle, aluminum figures and Katie Reading image from our sponsor Robyn's Fetish. I trace the image in my Cameo, then ungroup and then I gave color. After I grouped the image and finally I printed and cut.
Cazzy (sneaking in on Monday)
This image from Robyn's Fetish is called Strawberry Delight, and I wanted a bright cheerful card. I tore the panel of card (tearing from the grid) and added two eyelets (metal from the grid) and die cut the image and mat. The sentiment is heat embossed (note to self - do not put thumbs or fingers on newly heat embossed sentiments - even if the card curled up and wanted flattening! Wait until it has cooled and set!). 

The other's might pop in later with some more makes, but it is Sunday!


Here's where you can Link up ...or just scroll down!



Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.