Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Saturday, 9 February 2013

Mid way Challenge Reminder - Life is a Quirky box of chocolates! (no digis allowed)




Just to remind everyone that our challenge runs until next Saturday 16th Feb midday, and with such great prizes you don't want to miss out!

Here are some more DT examples:

I decided to make a card with a vintage image I found. For this  I used different papers and card, trying those that suited the style and colors of the picture and theme. I used spellbinders, flowers, glitter, a wooden figure and a crystal flower which fasten with a pin, and a sentiment stamp provided to use by Crackerbox Palace .


I also made ​​a tag using two different textures of card in two different shades of cream. The base and top layers are edged and heat embossed several times with gold ink. The second layer is attached with foam pads to give it depth, Finally the images were stamped and heat embossed and coloured then attached, and finally I added some gems for sparkle.


This lovely silhouette stamp is called Sea Breeze and is available from Crackerbox Palace along with the sentiment. You could choose these stamps with your voucher if you are one of our winners!
 Well, I haven't really got any girlie stamps of wind swept girls or vintage ladies, so I thought out of the box (I'd like to think!) What do we always have in the car when we're off on a long journey? Chocolate of course! So I've used an un-named Stamp from my stash. Then stamped 'Yummy' and 'The Chocolates' from our sponsor onto cream pearl card, covered in clear embossing power and heat set it, then used my new Keys embossing folder and the sentiment as seen from our sponsor. Couldn't make up my mind which way round to do the card, so I did them both.



Please enter using the link on the challenge post here.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh just adore these cards especially love the first one beautiful image and love the vintage feel to them,just gorgeous hugs Cherylx

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.