Hi Quirky people, hopefully this is me (Lyn) bringing you another Quirky Challenge. Wasn't the last one fantastic! To see who won, click HERE or scroll down!
This fortnights challenge is... (Okay the title gave it away!)
Animal Magic!
Our fabulous Sponsors for this challenge are..
And...
and...
1st place: Seven Digi's of your choice from Bugaboo
2nd place: 4 images from Sweet Pea Stamps
3rd place: - Robyn's Fetish 1 digi!
Here's some inspiration from our Design Team
First, our guest designers
NanaConnie
BIG apology to NanaConnie - Cazzy totally forgot to add her gorgeous card! NanaConnie used Lisa Victoria's Snowflake Wonder.
Fit Kitty
Thank you to Cazzy and the Quirky Crafts Design Team for inviting me to be your guest designer! For my card, I chose a gorgeous image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps called Silhouette - Happy Halloween Cat. I got really inky with my card! This silhouette image is perfect for an inky background. I blended a spooky sky with Distress Inks: Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Dusty Concord, and Black Soot.
I wanted to add some tiny stars with silver embossing paste and Memory Box Starry Nights stencil, but I ended up smudging them, so I wiped them off - you can still see a bit of the silver in places and I thought it left a cool shimmery effect! I added lots of water drops, a Spider Web die-cut (Impression Obsession), and a number of black sequins. The inky panel was die-cut with Avery Elle Wonky Stitches Border and I mounted it on black cardstock and then onto a white card base.
Auntie Sue
Today I am so pleased to be GDT this week and have made this card using Charmaine Flannery's Dragon's Keeper- DIGI from our generous sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps. I have coloured my image with a mixture of Promarkers and Lyra Rembrandt Pencils. Papers are from Laura Ashley and lots of gems, lace, ribbons and die cuts added to embellish it.
And now...The Quirky Team.
DORIS
For this magical challenge, I decided to paint the gorgeous Charmaine Flannery's Squirreling Around image, from our amazing sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps. I just used the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Makers and a frame.
For me, one of the most magical animals are dragons. For my doctor bag shaped card, I used the lovely Clyde Get Well provided by our generous sponsor Bugaboo Stamps.
For my card I chose this beautiful unicorn, reminding me of the horses we know, I would gladly take care of an unicorn in my house. The image Karen Middleton's Unicorn Heart comes from our sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps.
For this week my card has a beautiful and sweet dragon,
of our sponsor Sweet Pea. This little dragon takes his time reading bedtime.
of our sponsor Sweet Pea. This little dragon takes his time reading bedtime.
He sits in the beautiful moon.
This is one of my favorite magical animals !
Cazzy
This is Hedgehog flower from Bugaboo, hedgehogs are always magical to me, I love it when they come through the garden at night eating bugs, is the ladybug about to be eaten I wonder?
This is Charmaine Flannery's We're All Mad Here, she is beautiful and crazy and has a magical crazy (Cheshire?) cat on her lap, and playing cards flying through the air!
Lyn - will be late for her own challenge!
Sorry sorry sorry everyone!! I'm here now!!
I love this image by Sweet Pea Stamps. It's called, 'Time For A Tale.' (Please click on the link to see a really fabulous coloured picture of the image) I've coloured with Promarkers, added loads of Stickles Glitter, foam lettering, felt flowers, a sewn on button, gems and eyelash wool.
And, because I knew I was going to be late, here's an Oldie from Bugaboo.
You too can back date, as long as we haven't seen your creation and it's no older than ten days.
Any crafty project is acceptable as usual. But important: BEFORE you link up please add a link to the Quirky Crafts Challenges blog (http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com - the blog not this post) to your post - or you will not be able to enter. When you have done this you can go ahead and add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below. If you do not have a blog (or inlinkz will not accept your non blog link) you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link. Good luck!
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.











