Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 24 May 2015

Challenge #11 Put your Quirky Shoes or shirts on!

Welcome back to Quirky Crafts, it's challenge time again! I have chosen a fun challenge, well I think it is fun.

I want to see shoes, shirts or ties, shaped cards, altered art, projects with shoes or shirts or ties on them please.

Here is a song called "No Shoes, no shirt, no problem" ha ha.


Our generous sponsor is the wonderful Cutting Cafe, who have provided the team with two files sets for this challenge. The sets contain a variety of formats of cutting files for different machines as well as PDF versions to hand cut, and printable sentiments.





Who are giving some great prizes to our winners:
1st prize 3 sets of winner's choice
2nd prize 2 sets of winner's choice
3rd prize 1 set of winner's choice

You get such a lot with any of the file sets at the Cutting Cafe, either cutting files or printables, they are definitely good value, and good prizes.

Now for some inspiration, first from our Guest Designers:




Julia has used the tie card from The shirts set, along with one of the sentiments in the set to make a great Father's Day card.


Julia said "The white on white made me think of a baby boy Christening!  thought it came out kind of cute!  I used Linen cardstock and popped the pieces up on foam tape."


Now some inspiration from the Design Team:



For this week project, I chose "shoes"and I made two of the differents options that the cutting file "High Heel Shoes Shaped Cards" provide. For the card base I used embossed cardstock, then I sanded it to get a better look of the embossed design. Then I added some details in vintage pattern paper. I also added a tul and some vintage shoe buttons that was just perfect for a final touch.






I used for my gift bag and for my tie card Shirt and Tie Shaped Card from our sponsor The Cutting Cafe.

DORIS


Welcome to our new Challenge. It is my pleasure to work with The Cutting Cafe files. For this week I chose the High Heel Shoes Shaped Cards, and for my first one I used the Top and More Heel and Bows part of the file and High Heel Shoe Shaped Card Sentiments file too . I used red and black paper dots, some gems and embellishments.

For my second one, I used just the top part of the file and some embellishments. This is a little vintage shoe style.




Hi! For this week I used the file of our sponsor The Cutting Café
High Heel Shoes Shaped Cards. I added a button a little details for this card. And I used  the sentiment also our sponsor.

Cazzy

I've been making shirts, and such quick and easy shirts to make - even cutting by hand! I found some shirt like card with a plain back and used it for two tone shirts, and some hand made cotton flocked papers that were just right for the ties. One card is a Father's day card using the sentiment in the set, then other is a birthday card using sentiments from Birthday Fun. Do you like the monogrammed pocket? These shirts are addictive, you get everything you need for complete cards including an envelope to cut out.

To see who won the last challenge see the previous post below this one.  Any crafty project is acceptable as usual.

 Important: BEFORE you link up please add a link to the Quirky Crafts Challenges blog (http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com - the blog not this post) to your post - or you will not be able to enter. When you have done this you can go ahead and add a link to your blog post or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button or link below. If you do not have a blog (or inlinkz will not accept your non blog link) you can email your entry to us via the sidebar link. Good luck!




Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.



5 comments:

  1. You all made lovely examples for my challenge, thank you.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg omg omg what amazing shoes and shirts...you all rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DT Creations they are super, Love Hazel (Didos) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tierrific samples for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time joining in. What a great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.