Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 14 December 2014

Challenge #25.-Shake it with a Quirky Winter Color Palette.-Reminder

This is the reminder to our last challenge of 2014. 
Remember, you hove three choices:

a) Make a shaker card with color palette,
b) Make a shaker card with any colors,
c) Or make any project with the color palette,

 it's up to you to decide!



Our sponsor for this challenge is THE CUTTING CAFE, who provided the team with some funny shaker card files.



Guest Designers


Design Team




This is the second part of the project I started last week. In my second Smash Book page, I used the "Mitten Shaker Card" and sentiment and snowflakes from "Fun with Frosty" printable file. Both provided by our sponsor The Cutting Cafe. The girl in the picture is, again, my daughter Sofi, freezing at Niagara Falls, with huge mittens to protect her hands.


This is the picture of both pages set in my Smash Book.


For this week I decided to recycle a gift bag. For this I used the file Snowman Shaker Card, from The Cutting Cafe, and now I have a new gift bag for christmas presents.


To decorate my box I used Snowman Shaker from The Cutting Cafe.





KEMLY.



For this week I made a card with the Snowman from Fun with Frosty the snowman printable stamp set from our sponsor The Cutting Cafe. 
 



I used the colour palette in my project.  Nice day!


 I used the Mitten Shaker card from The Cutting Cafe, and Christmas Colored Banners to make the mitten background, and some snowflakes from Fun with Frosty the Snowman to pattern the mitten outline.
I chose backing papers to fit the colour theme, they were the closest I could get to it.
The mitten is tucked into a pocket on the card.....


....so that it can be taken out to hang on the tree!

Inside the card.



See the Christmas banners - I used the coloured versions.


I used the offcut from the centre of the mitten outline to decorate the inside of the mitten ornament.

Here it is hanging up, I don't have my tree up yet to show you on a tree.

Happy Christmas everyone!


To enter the challenge link your project HERE.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.