Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 10 August 2014

Challenge #16 Reminder - What's Quirky Cooking (with ribbons, twine or lace)?

Here is your reminder to enter the challenge with your foodie makes, and please include ribbon, twine or lace. Any food that is to be prepared, cooks, food that is ready, barbeque images - that sort of thing will do.

Here is a cute video to get you in the mood!


Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is proud to sponsor this challenge.


Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations, was created and is
owned by Robyn Weinrib.  Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital stamps and digital papers, designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting addicts for every occasion.

Our first place winner will also receive:


 £10 voucher from Crafty Ribbons.


Robyn’s Fetish Digital Stamps And More is happy to award 3 digital stamps of the winner’s choice to the first place winner of this challenge.


Robyn’s Fetish Digital Stamps And More is happy to award 2 digital stamps of the winner’s choice to the 2nd place winner of this challenge.


Robyn’s Fetish Digital Stamps And More is happy to award 1 digital stamp of the winner’s choice to the 3rd place winner of this challenge.

Images used by the team have been generously provided by Robyn's Fetish.



This yummy 'Cake' image had me thinking of summertime stawberry shortcake!
Check out my website for details on construction...

For this week reminder, I made a cupcake house. I hope all of you can smell the delicious cinnamon roll that is waiting for me inside the house. All my craft room smell like heaven :o)
To embellish my cupcake house I used the lovely Cookn mouse from our sponsor Robyn`s Fetish. I colored the mouse with Spectrum Noir Pens and and a beautiful ginghan ribbon for a final touch.

Kemly - has a blackout but will be along as soon as she can.


This week I decided that cooking bookmarks would be good, I always want to keep the page on more than one recipe so I can go back to them quickly.
I cut some tags with a Bigz Tim Holtz tag die in brown bazzil card and in patterned paper and stuck them together. Each one has ribbon along the bottom, and tied in the top.
 First tag features The Cook, who is cooking in her slippers. I added cupcake and gingham ribbons, both from Crafty Ribbons.
 The next tag features Cookn Mouse, again with cupcake and gingham ribbons from Crafty Ribbons.
 This tag features My Little Cook, with macaroon and gingham ribbons.



















Final bookmark featuring Cake, and Everything Stops for Tea ribbon.
They all fit neatly into the recipe scrapbook which I made last week, and have now completed.


Kemly joined us a little bit later due to a blackout in her area.


My mother taught me to cook. This project remind me all the secrets and recipes I learned from her.
I used  the digis "The Cook" and "Cake" provided by our sponsor Robyn´s Fetish.


2 comments:

  1. Well done everyone - lovely challenge examples, but where is Lyn I wonder?

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.