Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 6 July 2014

Challenge #14 A Quirky Christmas In July With Die-cuts (or Punches) (Quirky well die-ing for Christmas in July!)

Hi Quirky Fans! Thank you for joining us for our last challenge, to see who won, scroll down or click HERE, it's now time for a new challenge. It's my turn, Lyn, to set the theme and I thought, well, we're half way through the year, so let's have...
Christmas In July with Die cuts
(and/or Punches!)
Of course we want to see Christmas themed cards, but if you live in Australia, you'll most likely be having your Christmas dinner on the beach! So as long as you sick to the theme we'd love to see all your fabulous Christmas creations whether they've featuring snow or sand! but must have added die cuts and/or punches!
This challenge is been sponsored by the generous and wonderful:

Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps

The prizes for this challenge are:
1st place - 3 images of choice from the whole Stitchy Bear Store
2nd place- any 3 of the Dt´s chosen images
3rd place- any 2 of the Dt´s chosen images


Here are the images that the team used:

My Heart Pieces
Star of Bethlehem

Stitchy Bear 
Sweet Santa
Delicious Doodles
Arctic Fox
Bunny in Stocking
12 Days of Christmas - Day 4

Crafty Girl
Christmas Stocking Doodle

Ike's Art
Bauble Cat


 Here are some ideas from out Guest Designers:

Jessi


Jessi said: "I've included both  the full & closeup pictures of my first card, using Bunny in Stocking. The stocking has red & white Fun Flock to make it extra soft & fuzzy :)"

Shell used Sweet Santa on her lovely traditional card, and lots of die cuts. Here are the dies Shell used:
*Spellbinder die - Santa image
*La La Land Craft -Banner die
*Memory Box - Holly & Leaves die

and a few more by our design team...

MONICA




For my Christmas project, I used this gorgeous digi Star of The Bethlehem provided by our generous sponsor Stichy Bear Stamps. I used a cut file for the card and for Bethlehem´s Star. I colored the digi with Spectrum Noir pens and use liquid pearls for Mary`s tunic border.

This how this card looks when is ligthed.

CINDY
I used the Christmas Stocking Doodle  image for my two projects this week.

My first one uses washi tapes, ribbon and paper strips as the background to make a quick and simple background.
My second card is following a sketch and mixing elements.
Check out my blog for more details on construction!

Cazzy
 
As soon as I saw Ike's Art Bauble Cat I thought of the idea of making the bauble cat into a bauble too, but my attempt at "lights" for shine have failed miserably and look like dirty patches that I forgot to colour. I used Spellbinders dies to cut the paper panel, bauble and poinsettia and a Martha Stewart punch to make the pine branch. Papers are some old DCWV ones, and the ribbon is from Crafty RibbonsI added a few flat back pearls to the centre of the poinsettia. The bauble and cat are coloured with Promarkers and I added some sparkly Mod Podge over the top. I am already working on another version, this time a Siamese cat!
 
 Inside I die cut two panels from the paper and a smaller bauble in white to write on.

Update: I told you I wasn't happy with my card, so here is one I am very happy to show you just finished a day later.
Same as the first card except I used a different bauble die, kept it all one colour and two shades of blue. This time I made the cat Siamese. I added one extra die cut layer in gold too.


Lyn
Here's my Christmas Card for the challenge. I've used Bunny in Stocking from Delicious Doodles. Isn't he just the cutest bunny ever!?! I've used a Christmas collection paper pack by Kate Knight. Printed out bunny over some of these papers so his stocking is paper pieced, then 3D-ed his head and paws and coloured with Promarkers and fixed him onto a diecut by Darice. There's also punched out silver snowflakes with gems, a crinkly ribbon over a ric rac ribbon, plus a stocking charm and loads of glitter!
Inside I've used a Spellbinder die cuts and added the bunny printed from the bits I had over!

Come and join in! I can't wait to see what you come up with!


 Please don't forget  to add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me as a guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation by the DT :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopped over from the fantastic Jessi Fogan blog...her card is so cute!

    Great cards, Crafters! Such wonderful takes on the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards from the DT (I love that rabbit!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You to the DT for making such fabulous projects using our images. You really have done an amazing job with them on both this post and the halfway reminder.

    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I do hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Love and best wishes

    Mandy (Sponsor Co-Ordinator for Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet )

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.