Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Tuesday, 22 April 2014

DT inspiration post.

Hi Cazzy here!
I added this card to the main challenge post yesterday, but in case anyone missed it I thought I would post it again. The image is Ferald Sleepwalking from Squigglefly, so cute. The background is described in great detail on my blog, and slightly below, but it is my first attempt with the Gelli Plate.

Boxer by Enid Barnes is also from Squigglefly. I love Boxer dogs, they look so fierce but are daft dogs that melt and roll over when you speak to them! I was going to try another new technique but I had some of the Gelli Plate background left and decided it would be better to use that, and quicker! I made a square card, the square behind the dog on the card is a part of my ghost print (see my blog for details). The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons.

The card, you can see the gorgeous Boxer dog better.

Found some doggy card to line the inside, adn cut a panel of kraft paper to write on.

When I looked at the offcuts I just had to make them into a tag bookmark, this can be used as a tag then a bookmark afterwards.

Lined inside to match the card.


The tag/bookmark is also free standing, it could be used as a card in it's own right. The dogs are slightly different colours, I might have to rectify that!


 To enter the challenge link your project HERE.


Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic creations... isn't that Boxer just delightful. I LUV what you made with him :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.