Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Midway Reminder for Challenge #9 Dark and Bright and Don't be Square (or rectangular)

Here is your reminder call! You have until Saturday 11th May mid-day to enter the challenge, and  you should use one dark colour and one bright colour for most of your card, and white is not allowed apart from on images (and sentiments). Images can have other colours too. Also no squares or rectangles on cards especially the card shape, and layouts should feature shapes that are not square or rectangular.

Here are some more examples from the Design Team:


This time I enlarged the digi bj-butterblue, courtesy of Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps Then with the saturation function, maximized and printed a black and white larger image. I use watercolor pencil skin color. The colors I used are black and bright color that I use is lime green , to which I applied glitter. 

I used Butterfly profile from Stitchy Bear coloured using promarkers to create another page in my jounal.  I used the dark brown of her hair as my dark colour, and orange as my bright.  The background was generated using spiced marmalade distress ink with masking, stamping, quotes and highlights with sakura stardust and an orange glitter pen for added interest.
 Lyn
Here at last, better late than never, but as my teacher used to say, 'Better Never Late' Here's my take on this fortnight's challenge, a dark colour and a bright colour and not square (or rectangle) So, I've cut a square card round, embossed the black card with 'manly shapes' seeing I'm using this little guy again from Stitchy Bear Digi Stamps, then fixed that on the front of the card, added some swirly die-cuts and some sentiments! The odd shape of the topper, helps to keep the round card up right!
 Cazzy
Even later!
Late for my own reminder, oh dear! I decorated a little wooden box using Starry Eyed die cut with an oval, and adhered to an oval box, with oval frame. Colours dark purple and bright green.

Round the edge of the box I stuck bright breen lacy ribbon which was from Crafty Ribbons. I used sparkly Mod Podge throughout.


Some of the team may be along later, watch this space.....


Please enter the challenge here or scroll down to the post below.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

1 comment:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.