Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Midway reminder, lets make a Quirky Mess with no DP, make your own background with inks or paints etc

Midway reminder time! Here are some more DT examples to inspire you to enter our fun challenge  sponsored by:
Bugaboo .

Crafty Ribbons,

and Squigglefly!


I made my first ever journal page using the silhouette butterfly from Doodlebug and mounting it on a background made using paint (on my gelli pad), distress ink with various random stamps, doodling using white and black pens and gold glimmer mist.

I used the Silhouette Butterfly from Bugaboo too, but I made a set of bookmarks (because there's no point me just making one, I lose them all the time!). I used a mixture of acrylic paint, watersoluble crayons and gesso to make my messy background and then added the images and a few doodles. Now all I need to do is pick a few books to stick them in!

This time I've used a Squigglefly digi Artist Boy I made my paper by splodging blue and white acrylic paint thickly onto some paper, adding stars so when you peel them off, you can still see their outline, then covered  it  with some matt shimmering vanish.Once dry, I scanned it, then added the digi on the computer, printed it all out together, cut to size, coloured it with Promarkers, added the boarder, then added that to the card over the painted back paper. (so I've used both scanned and the original paper. I've also added candi, gems, eye-lashwool, and ribbon. The 'real' paint looks brighter as it shimmers, but the printed one is nice too, and can be re-sized and re-used!


 This time I made my background by first stamping a piece of A4 white card all over with my new toy - a Fiskars stamping wheel which I got at a bargain price in the sale. I only have the stamp that came with it, and I got pretty messy using that. Then I sprayed over the card with Glimmer Mist in Saphire blue and Bronze.
This image called A Little Bird Told Me is from Bugaboo. Printed spotty grosgrain ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.
For this card I used a Little Bird Told me and Ladybug stack, both from Bugaboo, kinda cute I think! Again ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons.


The Glimmer Mist got me! The nozzle was blocked and I used my pokey tool to work on it, before that I had tried spraying so it was pretty pumped up - and suddenly, while I was studying it, the spray released all over me! Good job I was wearing an old dark blue fleece, this is my hand, and it won't wash off!

For my background I used Glimmer Mist and then spray with water to remove the mini mister dot shape. After that, I used different colors of Adirondack Alcohol Ink and disperse with water. Then again Glimer Mist, water and baby wipes. Still wet, I used Gesso and stencil and mark an dragonfly and I waited for from absorbing different background colors. Finally with Distress Ink in various colors, color my digi stamp paste it.


Join in our Challenge click HERE


Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. here.
Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.