Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 2 December 2012

Goodbye to Diane and Hello to..................

It is with great sadness that the team are saying goodbye and good luck to Diane. Diane has been with us for I think 2 years now, and has kept us on our toes with her paper engineering projects and we are all now more confident with those!

Diane has made some great projects and set some challenging challenges but due to a change in direction in her life she is stepping down from the DT at Christmas. We will all miss her a lot and we hope she will come back and join us in a year or so.

Diane is a hard act to follow and here are a few of her makes to remind you how good she is. I hope you will join us in wishing Di well for the future!





Now we would also like to announce the results of our DT recruiting campaign, and we are saying Hello and Welcome to not just one, but two outstanding new DT members, both of them really impressed us and did everything we asked in our Ten Demandments and more! Thank you to all those who entered too. Both new DT members will be joining us properly for the first challenge of the New Year, and we don't know what that is yet!

In no particular order I would first like to introduce Doris Molina.

Doris has featured as guest designer and always gives the task her full attention, making far more than the rest of us which you can see on her wonderful blog.

Doris said "My name is Doris Molina. I´m from Costa Rica. I´m 44 years old, married and we have a little boy. I´m in love with crafting since 15 years ago.
Also I am a psychologist, but I do not work as such. I'm taking care of my son full time and my spare time, which is a lot, I dedicate to my website , my facebook fan page, and my blog.

I design for The Cutting CafĂ©. Also,  I am participating in the Creative Cutting Challenge, which ends next year. About this challenge, I received the Creative Choice award with my second project, you can see it here   http://creativecuttingchallenge.blogspot.com/
I also teach large groups here in my country, and travel every year to update myself at CHA Show."

I would also like to introduce Daire (pronounced Da-ra).

Daire really caught our eye with her very different arty projects and we think she will add a lot of quirkyness to our quirky blog!
This is what Daire said about herself "I think I would be a good addition to the team, because what I do seems to be very different from what the existing DT creates… at the moment I’m leaning more towards mixed media pieces and art journal pages, but I also love to make cards, accessories, and a variety of homemade gifts. I think that being part of something like this would give me the opportunity to explore my creative side even more, and try out new techniques and ideas. I feel inspired by pretty much everything I come into contact with, so that might lead to an interesting challenge or two…"



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.