The Quirky Crafts Team are recruiting for a new member of the team!
There are some requirements and we want to see what you can do, the current DT will make a team decision on who is going to join us.
The person we are looking for:
1. Must have a blog, if you don't already have one now is a good time to start! Of course you need to be able to take reasonable quality photos of your work and post them on your blog with details and links when challenges go live. You also need to include links in your sidebar to Quirky and the rest of the DT.
2. Must take it in turns choosing the next Quirky challenge, which may involve choosing a challenge that fits the available images from the sponsor.
3. Must be able to make up to two projects every two weeks to the challenge requirements, which may be cards or other paper craft projects.
4. Must choose and use one or more of the sponsor's digital images per project per challenge.
5. Must upload your own DT example photos to the Quirky Crafts challenge blog post and add your own write up and links before the challenge post goes live.
6. Must comment on some of the entrants blogs about entries to challenges, on behalf of Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team, in accordance with the allocation system.
7. When challenges close, must look at all entries and choose their top 6 favourites (which meet the challenge requirements) and communicate them to the team in time for the winners post to go live the following lunchtime. (Challenges close lunchtimes Saturday, the winners have to be worked out and post completed before lunchtime Sunday).
8. On your challenge turn, you must collect the team choices, total up the scores and schedule the winners post from the previous challenge to the Quirky blog. You must also draft the new challenge post for everyone to add to.
9. If another DT colleague has problems, must be able to cover in emergencies.
10. Last but not least - must have a Quirky imagination and sense of humour, we will be looking at your blogs to see if this is true!
a) the team communicates via a closed Yahoo group, you will need to create a Yahoo account to take part.
b) images provided by the sponsor are solely for your own use and must not be distributed to others or sold, in other words the sponsor's policies must be adhered to.
c) Yahoo is fine, it is just a group thing where I put the sponsors images so the team can get them easily, and there is a message facility so when you send a message everyone gets it by email, and you can reply by email too, or you can go to Yahoo and reply. Once you sign up for Yahoo you don't need to join anything except our closed group if you don't want to. We will help you loads if you join the team.
So after those Quirky 10 Demandments, here is what we want you to do:
1. Enter a project into each of the next 3 Quirky challenges (either starting with 14th Oct, or the current challenge and two following challenges) and put DT after your name each time.
2. Email Cazzy and tell us something about yourself and why you think you would be good for the Quirky challenge blog.
3.Add your blog link below with DT after your name.
Inlinkz will remain open until 3rd November, after which it is too late for DT applicants to enter the 3 challenges required.
If you make it to the top three in any one of the three challenges you will of course be Guest Designer two weeks later, and if that will count as one of your 3 challenges if it falls at the same time, in other words you won't need to enter another make challenge for which you are GD.
For all of you who would like to be on the permanent DT but don't make it this time round we may offer you a 2 month Guest Designer spot.
If you don't want the permanent DT position and would like to be considered for a 2 month GD spot, enter your link with GD after your name and don't forget to enter 3 challenges as above.
2 month GDs requirements:
1. Must have a blog, if you don't already have one now is a good time to start! Of course you need to be able to take reasonable quality photos of your work and post them on your blog.
2. Must be able to make one GD project every two weeks to fit the challenge requirements (can make up to two) which may be a card or other paper craft project, and email a photo to Cazzy at least two days before the challenge starts.
3. May choose a digi image from the selection available to the team.
4. Must use a sponsor's digi image on your project.
5. Must not reveal challenge details in advance of challenges going live.
6. You may be required to comment on allocated entries to challenges on behalf of Quirky Crafts.
7. You must email Cazzy or we won't be able to contact you.
8. Ideally you should have entered some Quirky challenges in the past, or should enter some now so we can see how you handle our challenges!
Please note: images provided by the sponsor are solely for your own use and must not be distributed to others or sold, in other words the sponsor's policies must be adhered to.
If there is anything you don't understand or want more details on please email Cazzy using the link in the sidebar.
Inlinkz will remain open until 11:30 am GMT 3rd November, after which it is too late for DT applicants to enter the 3 challenges required, please click on the big blue frog at the top to enter.