Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 9 September 2012

Challenge #19 Let's See Numbers!

Evening Quirky peoples! It's my turn (Spyder) to set the theme of our next challenge and I thought I'd do something nice and easy...
Numbers!
We want to see any amount of numbers, 1, 2, 3.. or loads of numbers on your crafty project or on the papers you use, or both, in any way you see fit! And don't forget, you can make anything, it doesn't have to be a card! We have some exciting news, (Lyn does a jig!) yes (did anyone spot a dragon in the sidebar?) our Sponsors this week are....

first of all we are excited to introduce a new sponsor:

who are generously giving our first prize winner $10 to spend in the store! and....

The Stamping Boutique
Our second place winner will receive 3 Digi Stamps of their choice from their store!

This is what the team came up with using images from our sponsors ...first the GDT...

Kimberly
Kimberly used Frankenstein on her spooky card with the date for Halloween as her number.

Maya
Maya used Turtle on her great pencil box, what a good idea. Her numbers on are on the ruler.

Deanne (helping out again - thanks Deanne)
Deanne used AJ Race Car Driver from The Stamping Boutique for her AJ Racing driver, Way 2 Go car. Love the sparkles.

Caro
I also used AJ Race Car Driver from the Stamping Boutique for a quick layered birthday card for one of my son's school friends. I coloured him in with Promarker pens and then used lots of layers with a plastic corner in the top left. I put the number 6 (it was his 6th birthday) onto the front of the car with a gold peel off.

Cazzy
I used Paisley Peacock from The Stamping Boutique, this is a very detailed and beautiful image, and I coloured it with Sakura Metallic gelly roll pens, painted the background with mica paints and cut it out withNestabilities. My numbers are on the embossed background, and in the Bel8ted which is die cut with Sizzlets.

Then in the early hours of Tuesday morning....
.... I made another one with The Stamping Boutique Turtle image, I think this is so cute! I used Embosslits to cut the numbers and letters, heat embossed the Happy Birthday with the Stampabilities stamp, paper was free with a magazine and ribbon is by Crafty Ribbons.
...and yet another one, this time with the latest freebie from Doodle Dragon Studios, the giraffe's banner was blank and I added some text. Papers free with a magazine, a very quick card as I used the ready coloured image for this one.

Diane -
Ha Ha...so sorry I am late with mine. We were away on a late Summer Holiday.
I have chosen the Chemistry Set from The Stamping Boutique for my example. I have backed the stamp with a blurred image of lots of chemical equations and mat and layered the image. Unusually for me....not a promarker in sight. I decided I liked the image best just the way it was.

Lyn
Here's my card. (For once, not a square!) I've used Frankenstein from The Stamping Boutique. 3D-ed him, coloured him and the background with ProMarkers, and used Back to School Chemistry Set which I've placed just behind him. The number and wording were done on my computer. (Links to the fonts on blog) The little skull and spider were from a packet of Halloween party sequins.
Dustin's lovely offer of a sponsorship was such a surprise, we hadn't received his fab new dragon number digi's, so I've quickly whizzed up this card using his fabulous Friday Freebie! Hurry it might not be there for long! (card added Monday 10th September)

That's it! Your turn now! Hope to see lots of numbers!! Ooo better go and check my Lottery ticket! Thanks for stopping by!

Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) using the biggest blue froggy at the top of the collection, the other one (at the bottom) doesn't do anything that we can tell, and please comment after you have linked.Don't forget to mention Quirky and add a link back to here (please read the rules and if you realised you haven't followed the rules and won't be included in the top three, and you want your entry removed to try again - please email us using the link in the side bar).

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

10 comments:

  1. Just letting you know Inlinkz isn't working, I have been trying to upload a couple of cards since yesterday (over 24 hours ago). XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design team cards!! Thanks for the challenge!!

    Patty
    hapscrappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inspiration!

    The linky button seems to have disappeared, so I'd appreciate it if you'd accept my entry this way!

    http://josephinesrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/a-couple-of-70th-birthday-cards.html (red and white card)

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to those having problems:

    Please click the big blue froggy to enter your cards, I have tested it and the link is working, you must click big blue frog at the top of the entries, not the one at the bottom which doesn't do a thing!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is working now, try refreshing or opening blog in another window or tag.
    If we can we will add your makes but we need your EMAIL... (we haven't!)
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the inspiration on your blog had fun participating. See you next time…

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Spyder and All!
    Beautiful work by the DT! This challenge is perfect for my creation- thanks so much!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    My best to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.