Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Challenge 10: Masculine with blue and brown

Hello and welcome back to Quirky Crafts. It is my (Caro's) turn to set the challenge this time and in honour of all the men in my life I thought we would have a masculine challenge this time. So I want to see anything for the boys (or featuring boys) in the colours blue and brown. Other colours are allowed, especially in the images, but the predominant colours must be blue and brown. Don't forget we are not just a card site...we allow all other forms of craft provided you follow the theme:

Masculine with blue and brown

We are sponsored this week by Paper Pretties who are offering the winner of this challenge (as voted for by the DT) 6 digi images of their choice.

Paper Pretties has also provided the team with some of their digi images to work with, so without further ado here are the examples from the team:

First Guest Designer Loz



Loz used the robot and sentiment from the Robot set to make her side step fun card, any boy or man would love this.


Second Guest Designer Linda

Linda used Cooperman, and every little (and big) boy secretly dreams of being a superhero!

Cazzy
I used Boat, I love the patches on the sails of this brave little boat. Papers by DCWV. Sentiment in the circle is from the ZZzzzz set from our sponsor.


I used 'A Beary Good Book' from Paper Pretties to make this bookmark for Alex as we have now started reading Roald Dahl books at bedtime, one chapter at a time, so needed a special bookmark. Blue is Alex's favourite colour, hence it being the predominant colour on the bookmark. I coloured the bear with promarkers and the rest of the bookmark with distress inks (teabag in the centre, then broken china, with faded jeans and walnut at the very edge). I used a swirl stamp from inkadinkado for added interest and finished it with a large eyelet and making memories ribbon.
The sentiments on both front and back of the bookmark are also from the same 'A Beary Good Book' digital stamp set.
Hello Everyone! I chose to work with a Paper Pretties Digital Image called ZZZZZZ.
Firstly I apologise for the photo. I took loads and this was the best I could get. I am not sure why...but there it is! The theme is Brown and Blue....which isn't really showing up too well. The paper is a SheryK design in Brown and Blue believe it or believe it not. The image is actually coloured with Marsh Green and Celadon Promarkers, so not feint colurs really, but still they are not showing too well. The sentiment is also from Paper Pretties. I think I need to address the lighting in my new craftroom.....I will investigate.

I used Aaaaahhhhh! digital stamp from our sponsors! Printed him straight on to blue sky backing paper, created a little 3D effect, coloured with Promakers. Edged the card with a brown Promarker and TH Distress Ink, added ribbons and pearls (imagine they're straps and bolts!) a dangling whatknot from a fishing packet and buttons from my stash. The font is a freebie. Link on my post.


Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) using the biggest blue froggy at the top of the collection, the other one (at the bottom) doesn't do anything that we can tell, and please comment after you have linked.Don't forget to mention Quirky and add a link back to here (please read the rules and if you realised you haven't followed the rules and won't be included in the top three, and you want your entry removed to try again - please email us using the link in the side bar).

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful crafting from the team. I love this colour combo - I'd just finished a blue and brown masculine card when I saw what your challenge was! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful inspiration!!! Thank you again for this fun opportunity to be a GDT!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls !
    Great challenge theme ! I love what the DT have created this week. Really creative makes-Thank you !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous inspiration from the Design Team ... thank you for a fun ... and colorful ... challenge!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.