Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Challenge 21#Something Spooky OR Recipe.

Hi peoples! It's that Quirky time again, time for another Quirky Craft's Challenge. Thank you to everyone who joined in our last challenge. Scroll down to the post below to see who won!!
It's my turn, Spyder (Lyn) to set the theme this week, and seeing we are so close to Halloween and racing to the end of October, I thought we'd have to have... Spooky/ Halloween! But of course I know there's tons of you who don't 'do' Halloween, so just for you, this fortnight's challenge will be a choice of...
Something Spooky/Halloween OR a recipe: Black, Gold and Glitter!
Our Sponsor for this challenge is
Limited Runs!
If you have some of Nikki's very unusual digi images we'd love to see them, but if not never mind, join in anyway! But for those of you who do use a Limited Runs digi, don't forget to join in with Nikki's challenge too, there's still time!
For this Quirky Challenge, as always, you can make anything crafty, as long as it fits in with the theme, it doesn't have to be a card. ATC's, Altered art, scrapbook pages, book marks, inchies, journals, bunting, anything!
The DT choice winner will be able to choose 3 Digi Images from Limited Runs and join us for a future challenge as a guest designer as well as display the winner's badge on their blog. The public voted winner will be invited to join us as a guest for a future challenge and can display the winner's badge too!
Here's some inspirations from our Design Team!
First, some lovely makes from our Guest Designers, and winners of our previous challenges.

Laurel (Loz) used the funny Bat image, along with Hanging Pumpkin (with the pumpkin used a few more times) and one of the free sentiments from a set of 4 that we are privileged to have first! Love the fence and the grass, and that cobweb and spider. A very clever sidestep card.

Jan used the Bat Wings sentiment to make her wonderfully spooky picture, with lots of spooky embellishments (is that a real bat?) see more photos and details on Jan's blog.
Jan also made this very dark treats box using some more of the free sentiments, complete with a blackbird, or should I say Raven? (No, I think it'sa blackbird) Again more pics and details on Jan's blog!

And here are more great ideas from us on the Design Team:

Diane: I just loved the Bat digistamp from this challenge's choice. I don't really do Halloween, but found a backing paper on my computer of a haunted house on a hill. I have mounted the Bat onto acetate so he really does fly at you!

Cazzy: I found all of my Halloween stash and made a more elaborate card than first planned. The card itself is gold embossed with spider's webs, the image is Witch Splat (so funny) cupcake coloured with Promarkers, and I used one of the set of four free sentiments which I coloured purple. Crafty Ribbons spooky ribbon, eyelets and sequins from stash as well as punched out spiders used.
Inside I used Hanging Pumpkin, another of the 4 images, this time in brown and the Snake image. Both images coloured with Promarkers.


Caro: I also don't do Halloween, but was given the spooky stamp I used as the main image so decided that this was the opportunity I needed to use it alongside the cute bat (which I used twice, flipping it on the computer) and the poison sentiments (all from our sponsor) placed on bottles to complete the tag.

Lyn I've also used the Bat, the Owl with the Pumpkin and one of the sentiments from our sponsor, for my Centre Step card. I've embossed with Gold ink and Sparkling Gold embossing powder. and used Promarkers to colour. The Pumpkin has been 3D-ed to make it pop out a little. There's a link on my Blog on how to make a Centre step card.
Well, that's what we've made, so now it's over to you!! Have fun!!

To enter: please click on the big blue frog at the top of the collection just below our signature -this bit I'm typing here (not the small froggy at the very bottom - he doesn't do anything! well, not when we're looking!) Please add the link to your blog post with your entry, not just your blog, and please come back and vote for your favourites on Friday 21st October after 6pm, or Saturday 22nd October before 5pm UK time.
The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.



23 comments:

  1. what super cute and spooky Halloween projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally I love Halloween so this challenge is not too much of a challenge for me :-) Hope you like my creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful spooky projects from all the DT !
    Hugs
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab examples everyone, well done! Looks like it is going to be popular as we have more entries than last time already!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you all did a Fab Job I just love looking at these all and am amazed at how wonderfully unique each on is you all ROCKED this!!!
    big hugs Nikki
    Limited Runs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The DT pieces were wonderful and you've already got so many great entries, this will be a hard vote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I entered my creation on Saturday (yesterday) and it is missing from the thumbnails. It was there yesterday. I have had this issue with Inlinkz where the account holder has it checkmarked to send an email to the entrant. It seems that somehow my entry always disappears. It is not necessary to have that box checked off. You are the second blog today that I've had to let know about this Inlinkz issue.
    Anyway, I'll add my entry here and hope that it gets corrected.
    http://oneofakindcreations-bysandi.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-centerpiece.html
    Thanks - Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. that your lovely centre piece was missing Sandi, I have now added it for you.
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inlinks is missing at the mo so you can find my entry here - I'll pop back later to see if it's turned up :o)
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Challenge and Beautiful DT Inspirations!! Have a wonderful week!!! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr Froggy is at the top of all the entries, not this little one down here! He is there honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and spooky DT cards!
    I'm trying to upload my card but Blue Frog don't let me.
    This is my card
    http://mylittlescrappyowl.blogspot.com/2011/10/tarjeta-i-want-candy.html
    Hope you can visit me.
    Thanks, Zulma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love Halloween, great DT creations. xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great examples from the DT and some fabulous submissions.
    :) Chris / CS Designs
    http://www.doodlepieces.blogspot.com/
    http://www.cs-designs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've added yours for you Zulma,



    Please refresh the page if at first you can't see Mr Froggy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for a fantastic challenge & gorgeous creations by your DT :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't seem to find your Mr Linky button:(
    Here is my card :)
    http://lynnsdesignercreations.blogspot.com/2011/10/whats-on-at-papercreations-ink-this.html
    Huggs
    Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've loved this challenge, I think I've done all three options :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. not finding the linky tool. Don't know if I'm too late but here's my submission

    http://yogiemp.blogspot.com/2011/10/mc-oct11-trick-or-treat.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've added it for you Yogi,
    Please refresh thePageif you at first don't see the Froggie link. It is always there !

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.