Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 8 May 2011

Quirky Crafts Challenge - Challenge No. 10:- Sliding WIndow / Pull Up Card

Hi All,

It's my turn again already (Diane). This is only my second time to set the challenge, and let me tell you I have discovered already that it is not always easy to come up with something different, but something that everyone will enjoy. So I set about thinking, and I eventually decided that it might be a good idea to revisit a card style that I used to love. I find often that I do several of a card shape and then move on to something new, only to forget how much I enjoyed doing the older styles. So my challenge this time is to make what I always called a Sliding Window Card, but it is also called a pull up card, or pull up easel. I am sure many of you will know exactly what I mean....but just in case I found this video on Youtube which describes it beautifully. Click here to see. Just to make it even more interesting I am going for a Male theme...Fathers Day is not far away, and there are always those dreaded male cards to make for birthdays too. So there we have it, a pull up card in a male theme....and for those of you who would prefer to make something non card related I will set a Challenge of 3 D Male themed gift.

Our sponsor this week is STITCHY BEAR DIGITAL STAMPS


The Winner of The Design Team Choice will win a $10 voucher from our sponsors Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps so you can choose something from the great range of images and papers, which you'll find in their store. We'd also love you to join us as a Guest Designer in one of our future challenges.
And the winner of the Public Voting will also be invited to join us as a Guest Designer .
The Design Team and our latest Guest Designers have produced some inspiration for you, all using digi images from our sponsor.

Diane

I used the Just a Note Digistamp for my sample. Just right for a Father's Day card for a Father who isn't the touchy feely sentimental type. My photo is a little disappointing, but I couldn't get a better shot. The papers used are actually a sage green shade!
Lyn AKa Spyder, has used 'Designated Driver' digi along with some brown leather look card and mock white stitching to give the impression of a wallet.
Caro has used Guarding the egg digital stamp printed onto parchment paper with gold embossing round the edge of the card to finish it off in a true fantasy style.
Inside she has used the Just a Note digital stamp again on parchment paper for consistency and an oldy worldy look.

Cazzy






The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.


Please use our lovely Mr Blue Frog to add your cards and other makes. Please make sure your link leads to your make and not just your blog. Once you have left your link please also comment. Don't forget to come back Friday 20th/Saturday21th to vote for your top three and ask your blogging buddies to vote for you!!


6 comments:

  1. Can't believe I'm first to enter, I'm usually squeezing in at the last minute. Loving your quirky challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makes everyone, and well done Bev for being first. I enjoyed making this card and hope to make more like it soon.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was quite chuffed with this one, no measurements, just used the topper for the sizing! Just for fun of course!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!Is this colection already closed!It is 9.30 am :((((
    Here is my card in case you want to see it :)))
    http://goldie-goldieshandmade.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-post_19.html

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.