Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 27 March 2011

Quirky Crafts 2011: Challenge 7 - Twisted Easel and/or Mother's day gift

It's my (Diane's) turn to chose the theme, and it is my first time so I am a bit nervous...be gentle with me!

Challenge 7 is going to be....make either a Twisted Easel Card and/or a Mother's day gift. These are fun to make, they look tricky but are so simple really. Have some fun with it and try to use different shapes. If you haven't done one before there are lots of how too videos on YouTube giving lots of ideas and examples to spark your creative juices. Your card can be for any occasion at all. For those who want to something other than a card I would like to see you create a Mother's Day Gift. Mother's day here is the U.K. is 3rd April and this is the ideal time to make something special.


This week we have two sponsors:-
Our first sponsor is the fantastic Crafty Ribbons
There will be a prize of two gorgeous button towers (pictured above) for the winner of the Design Team Vote. Crafty Ribbons have some fantastic ribbons and gorgeous buttons to choose from on their site...and we all know you can't make cards without lovely ribbons and buttons, don't we?

Our second sponsor is The Stamping Boutique

The Stamping Boutique are offering a digi stamp prize for the winner of the public vote. So get working on your entry for a chance to win these great prizes to add to your stash.

Design Team Offerings

Here is my offering for this challenge using a fantastic digistamp for our sponsor called Jennifer Latte Bubble Bath. My Daughter is called Jennifer so I was drawn to this one. The Stamping Boutique stamps are fabulous to work with:-

Guest Designer Micki who made the DT choice last time made this funky card.

Cazzy  Here at last! Using Train Tracks digi stamp from The Stamping Boutique.



Another card by Cazzy this time using Pocket Patootie Birds perfect for Mother's day.




Caro made a Mother's Day candle using the Daisie's digital stamp from our sponsorThe Stamping Boutique

Caro also couldn't resist having a go at making a twisted easel card for her son's birthday.

Lyn (Spyder)
A Twisted Easel Card andGift Boxusing Digi image from

Closed.... and best of all open! Yum!!Here's how to enter....
Create your work of art and then take a photo. Make a post on your blog to show us your make and then click on the Inlinkz blue frog button at the end of this post to add your entry and be sure to follow the instructions. Please link directly to your entry post. No back dated posts please. After you have linked please leave us a comment, we love to hear from you.

Don't forget to come back to vote on 8th and 9th April and ask all your friends to come and vote too.

(Whoopsie, this is embarrassing, we accidentally posted that voting was 15th and 16th (which is of course a week too late) - so sorry - blush).


The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.



19 comments:

  1. I am liking your makes girls, well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Diane and liking that candle Caro. Super make from Micki too!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done everyone, gorgeous makes! I found this very challenging myself and my card is still a bit wonky!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects DT ladies. Such a lot if inspirations. Love the one with 2 twisted card and the sea creatures. Thanks for shearing and nice blog and challenge.
    Zulma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful samples - I had to go down the Twisted Easel path because I haven't done one in so long - Loved the challenge! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my first Twisted Easel Card. It is a fun card to make. Thanks for the challenge. The DT projects are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great DT creations. I went for the gift for mum as I've been making lots lately. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ya couldn't resist this one I went for the twisted easel but with an extra twist lol and I have done a tutorial on it too hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted this the other day but forgot to come back and link it on your blog!! ooopss ! So if my entry can't be included I totally understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi girls am back from Germany and love love love all the inspiration. I must say I was soooooo intimidated but am sooooo glad this was the challenge because I think I'm hooked on these twisted easel cards. :-).

    I'm off to check out the submissions :-).

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Micki, thanks for joining the team this time.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the DT projects. The candle reminds me of how much I loved making those. Must do it again soon.

    Thanks for always being an incredible source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inkins does not work for me so here is my card

    http://francas-basteleien.blogspot.com/2011/04/mal-was-anderes-something-different.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. little froggy just takes me to sign in with an account he has gone on holiday

    here is my submission

    http://downrightcrafty.blogspot.com/2011/04/just-stroll-on-beach.html

    great inspiration too
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the chance of sharing in such a great challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Naughty Mr Froggy! If you can't see him or can only see a 'small froggy with Inlinkz and nothing else, refresh the page, and wait for itto reload. He then 'should' appear a little larger with the words 'Links in collection (and the number) Click to view/add link' and it will take you on to another page
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sorry tried to link again refreshed the page lots and lots but still not showing, hope this does not mean I won't be included
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you Lyn you are such an angel, really appreciate it
    Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.