Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Challenge #25 Reminder - Christmas Treasure (use a very special item on your Christmas make)

This is your reminder that you have until Saturday midday (UK time) to enter the challenge, and the challenge is all about Christmas projects with a twist! The twist is you must use your treasure (and you must tell us what it is and why it is special to you)!

Our very generous sponsor is:
.
The prizes for our top three favourite entries are:
1st prize: three sets or images of your choice
2nd prize: two sets or images of your choice
3rd prize: one set or image of your choice

See the post below for full details and to enter the challenge.

We have some more great projects from the team to inspire you:


Here's my make for this weeks reminder. When we were deciding this challenge a few months back, it was going to be to use up those papers and other things you've had for ages, because they are just too special. I'd already decided to use the Pink Petticoat papers (Large SnowFlakes) which I bought at the end of last year (2011/2012) and never used, along with the lilac and silver ribbon.
Then we decided on something more, a 'real treasure' so I've picked my one and only snowflake charm that's been waiting for years to be used and the pearls. These pearls are the last strand I have left from my daughter's wedding five years ago, so they are very special as they remind me of a wonderful day, in October 2008. I've used the Noel from Christmas in a Square from our sponsors and because I wanted to keep this monotone, I coloured the Noel in the same colour as the papers. I've added one silver corner peel off plus Crystal Stickles glitter and purple gems.

My treasure for this reminder: ribbon and buttons. These, I got two years ago, was a gift from my friend Laura Carazo and I've kept it all this time with special affection.

This week I worked on a Christmas layout, using some buttons and ribbon that had kept for two years, plus I used the file  Christmas in a Square from our sponsor The Cutting Café.

I really loved this Christmas in a  square sentiment set from our sponsor The Cutting Cafe. For this reminder I used "From our home to yours" to make this quilt card. Here I used two of my treasures: I`m a Graphic 45 addict, I love their paper collections, I buy their paper and try not to use it (LOL). So for this card I used a little bit of my Graphic 45 paper. Also I used this rustic green fiber that I love.

I've been putting up my gorgeous Christmas decorations this week, and I had an idea to make my own, to decorate a twig tree that I'd recently bought.
All of the decorations on this tree, I have made, and it really felt like Christmas was here, especially while singing to Christmas songs, whilst crafting.
I thought the Christmas Sentiment Shapes from The Cutting Cafe would be ideal to make up as tree decorations.... 

I chose Christmassy colours for each one, and added some contrasting stickles and gems...
The reason I chose to do these for this task, is because I have used all of my favourite papers, which I have been storing away (as you do...!)
Hope you enjoy, Merry Christmas all..x


I found some very special mini light bulb embellishments deep within my biggest Christmas stash box, and I haven't used them so far because I don't think you can get them now and I really love them! The metallic card printed with Love at Christmas is also quite special because I won it recently and only have one sheet.
I used Christmas Stocking Laundry from The Cutting Cafe on my card, I love this image.


To enter the challenge link your project HERE

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.



2 comments:

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.