Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Challenge #19 "It´s a Small Quirky World" Reminder

Here is your challenge reminder, you have until Saturday Sept 28th midday to enter our challenge and here are the details again:

We want to see different places of the World represented in your projects.
It could be the place you live, the place you had born,  the place you will like to live, the place you will like to visit, even the place you need to see before you die.


Feel free and let your creativity fly and show us “it´s a small World after all”

Our sponsor for this time are:





The first place winner will get £15 worth of Sam's gorgeous flowers; the second place, 6 Paper Pretties images; and the third place, £5 worth of Sam's lovely flowers.

Here are some more examples from the team to inspire you:
As soon as I saw the "So Tropical" digi provided by our sponsor Paper Pretties, I knew have to do a project that represents my country beauties. I have born in Paradise. This beautiful beach is only 1.5 hour drive from my house. This is Costa Rica!!!!



For the background, I used Tim Holtz distress paints, applied straight to the tag and then spritzed with water to make the colours blend. I used some texture paste to add some depth to the background, and to give the characters something to stand on. The gorgeous digi stamps are from Paper Pretties and I love them! They were coloured in with Copic markers. The quote is also Paper Pretties..




I used Merci Beaucoup on my card, along with some freebie papers, and I added some floral ribbon (from Crafty Ribbons) with roses on to match the paper, and some pink Prima blooms with pearl centres in honour of the lovely floral prize you can win from Samaflora.
Lyn
I'd already made  two makes last week, but I wanted to do something with the little Fantastic Sophia image from our sponsors. (She also comes as an EZ Mount). This card has been turned inside out, as I suddenly realised the topper was going to cover the paper and the ribbon, so what is now at the back and inside, was the front and outside! Little Sophia has been 3D-ed and coloured with Promarkers.(Free font link on my blog)

Doris 
is very ill, we send her our best wishes for a speedy recovery.






Thank you Cazzy. Hi, a little late this week, but here I am. My project is a card with very positive messages. I've painted by hand and I used Fantasticsophia image, courtesy of our fabulous sponsor Paper Pretties. See you at our next Quirky challenge, but not before inviting you to participate in this Quirky Small World Challenge. Hugs, Doris!

More projects may be added in the next few days, watch this space!

To enter the challenge link your project HERE

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.